Mountain Project Logo

Advice on move

Original Post
Zach Giammarco · · Yosemite Village, CA · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Hi, I know there are lots of questions on this forum about helps on move but Im looking for some advice on moving. Currently I am staying with a friend in Fairfield, CA. I had a job lined up in Yosemite but they are super slow in getting me in to work and the woman who took my drug test botched my SSN so I don't even have it confirmed yet. I moved from Florida recently due to lack of climbing and a desperate need to get out for personal reasons. Right now I am extremely open to living and working anywhere in the US close to climbing. My goals are mainly to get better and do all types of climbing, from trad to alpine. I have been recently looking at Flagstaff, Tuscon, or Las Vegas. I have even debated moving out of country to Squamish. If I had a better career trained maybe even outside of the US such as Europe but that isnt an option. Most of my work is customer service related so that would be the industry I would get in to. My main questions relate to job availability and housing situation, other than the obvious nearby climbing destinations. I am also looking for a town with a decent sized climbing community so I can hopefully find a good mentor. Nothing else really matters as far as big city vs small town or different kinds of people as I am an open and laid back person.

Edit: No need for further responses Thank you for your time

Casey Erin · · San Diego, CA · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 55

Lots of call centers in Tucson if you wouldn't mind putting your customer service skills into that. Also, year round climbing on Mt. Lemmon. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Advice on move"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started