Mountain Project Logo

Climbing partners Minnesota

Original Post
Yoshiko Lynch · · Exeter, NH · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Hi! I spent this past June and most of July in Yosemite, where I learned to climb. Then the valley got evacuated due to the Ferguson fire and I flew back home to Colorado for a couple of weeks and did some trad climbing in Eldo, and now I'm here in southeast Minnesota for college. However, classes for me don't start until sept. 10, so I'm looking for some more climbing to do before then. I'm a beginner, but I have plenty of experience lead belaying. I have my own car so transportation won't be an issue, and I'm willing to drive pretty far. I’ll be your best friend if you take me climbing, I’m fun I promise! That’s the best I can offer plus maybe a meal or something haha please take me climbing! My number is 720-301-8069. text or email me if you're willing!

tobashiya · · detroit, michigan · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 15

If you're from NH、 did you intend on posting in midwest area?

Max Matheson · · Minneapolis MN · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 5

Where are you for school? There may be a climbing club at your uni (Winona, St. Olaf, etc.) that would have good resources

Adam Reinhardt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 0

You may find folks on the Winona Ice Park or Minnesota Climbers Facebook pages. There are several folks I see posting there about climbing events and activities down in south east Minnesota and around the state. 

There are a few ice climbing events if you interested. Most have training for beginners to intermediate along with a great opportunity to meet others. Between the colllege rentals and events there are decent priced rentals available. 

Look for the Sandstone Icefest etc. the Winona group was planning a gathering but I think they are working on access issues. 
Hope you find some good partners. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Climbing partners Minnesota"