Mountain Project Logo

Help with new ski setup

Timothy Case · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0
brian burke wrote:

burly, those are a far cry from rando sticks....

Yep, I definitely wouldn't recommend that setup for the GT :)

Getting some Hagans and the Dynafit Lowtech for next season!
sandrock · · Colorado · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 115

All,
thanks again for the help, I'm looking at the DPS Wailer 99 and the Rossi soul 7HD to demo, along with whatever else I can try on the slopes.  What length should I get? I'm 5'10 and 150 pounds. This will be a dedicated resort setup.

thanks!

Rando Calrissian · · Denver · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 45

Thats up to you, I'd look around 175ish. Typically all purpose skis will be around your height. If you are just going to rip blues then might a bit longer so you have a longer edge to carve and open them up, but they will be slow to swing around. If you are going to go into trees all the time might want to shorten them so you can throw them all over the place. I typically ski my height (6'1" skiing 185-187s). But 150lb is a little light, you might do well with something 170s-177s. Since you are demo-ing you should be able to try different lengths and get it dialed that way. Piiiiiisssssshhhhhhh, dedicated resort set up. Get some AT bindings on that and come rip with me.

Andrew Blease · · Bartlett, NH · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 480

I've been very happy with my Blizzard Zero Gs. They're stiff, stable, and easy to ski aggressively. The price is right too. The 95 width is probably the best all around. I have the 85 because they ar lighter and I frequently climb with them.

As far as needing 4 pairs of skis for a 50+ day season, I call bs. I ski over 120 days a year on the same pair. Buy skis that leave you gas money to go skiing and go get after it.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Other Sports
Post a Reply to "Help with new ski setup"