Mountain Project Logo

Room for rent in Evergreen/Kittredge

Original Post
Joshua Major · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Hello climbers!

My name is Josh and I am just about to purchase a home in Kittredge, CO and I am looking for one or two roommates. I have lived with the climber/outdoors community before and would love to do it again.

About me: I am a early 30s working professional who works in Golden as a research technician in the field of renewable energy. I live a fairly quiet life and like to come home and work on my projects. Right now I am learning how to do some woodworking (just build my first table) and making custom gas-pipe lamps. I have two smaller dogs that are very lovable and well behaved, and I wouldn't be apposed to one more pup to join the pack. I have been climbing for about 10 months now but have already gotten on some great climbs. My friend took me up to Broadway Ledge on Longs last weekend and we camped overnight.

About the house: The house is a lovely little mountain home that has been well maintained by the previous owner. There are no houses behind me so you can sit in the back yard and just stare off into the lovely woods. It is located off of highway 74 which is well maintained in the winter. The road up to the house is a little steep so being comfortable with winter mountain driving is pretty important, but worst case there is plenty of parking by 74 and it's a short walk up to the house. Parking at the house is limited so no more than one car per person.

There are two bedrooms up for grabs. One upstairs has a little more space and a separate (almost as large) closet/extra room. The one downstairs is a little smaller, but I could be convinced to put a door on the attached space that also has a wood burning stove in it. All the normal appliances come with the house. The bathroom is nicely updated but not super close to ether room.

About you: The most important thing I am looking for in a roommate is stability. As previously mentioned, I wouldn't mind one more dog, or even a cat though my pups haven't been around cats and I'm not sure how that would go. I am open to any gender and sexual orientation. I have lived with a couple before and had a great experience so I would be open to that as well.

Good to knows:
Cleanliness - I would say I'm middle of the road. The big thing is to respect the common spaces.
Parties/people over - I'm a very social person but most times during the week I prefer to have a quiet calm place to come home to.
Possessions - The house is currently unfurnished so if you have stuff you want to hold onto, great. Storage is limited as it's not a huge place.
Ideologies/politics - Be good to each other.
Smoking/drugs - Smoking outdoors only. It's Colorado so weed is fine. Don't sell my dogs for drugs.

Money:
Upstairs one person - $600 (will most likely look for another person for downstairs)
Upstairs couple - $900

Downstairs one person - $700
Downstairs couple - $1000

Shared utilities and internet.

This will be lowered if I end up needing to fill both rooms.

I am taking possession of the house on September 7th but it would be ideal to have someone move in beginning of October.  

You can reach me via email at jjmajor142@gmail.com. I will send house (and dog) pictures upon request. 

Thanks for reading and climb safe.

~Josh

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Room for rent in Evergreen/Kittredge"
in the Colorado