Mountain Project Logo

0.75 & 0.5 Camalot Jr

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Drew Nevius · · Broken Arrow, OK · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 2,546
Cams for sale:
0.75 BD Camalot Jr (green) $40
0.5 BD Camalot Jr (purple) $40
Buy both for $75 shipped OBO

These classic cams are great for anyone building their first trad rack or wanting multiples for a trip to Indian Creek. The only thing that could get you more crag cred than racking up with these would be leading 5.9R/X slab in a swami belt, but buying these would be way easier.

They were reslung by Mountain Tools a few years back and have been lubricated with White Lightning wax lube as needed. I trust them to hold a fall (in a good placement, of course) and am only selling them because I’d like to get a different style of cam.

PayPal G&S included in price, but also willing to discuss local pickup in OK or NWA. Thanks for looking!

Bump

Choss Wrangler · · Elkview, WV · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 65

People buying old gear for this price makes me chuckle. BUT if stupid people will buy then sell!

Lol! I’m not in a hurry to sell them so I figured it couldn’t hurt to feel out the market. I’m sure I’ll eventually price drop before they go. Also, for some people budget is the main factor, so even if a brand new cam is just $5 more, they’d prefer to save the money. That doesn’t make them stupid

Andy Novak · · Bailey, CO · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 370
Drew Nevius wrote: Lol! I’m not in a hurry to sell them so I figured it couldn’t hurt to feel out the market. I’m sure I’ll eventually price drop before they go. Also, for some people budget is the main factor, so even if a brand new cam is just $5 more, they’d prefer to save the money. That doesn’t make them stupid

Buying a 25 year old cam with known design flaws--for $40 each--would definitely make someone pretty stupid in my book!     

aclayden · · Glenwood Springs, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 90

These should be given away. 

Andy Novak wrote:

Buying a 25 year old cam with known design flaws--     

They aren’t that well known... what are you talking about? They’re equal if not better in horizontals than the newer C4s, and pretty much the same head width so they perform about the same in vertical placements

Andy Novak · · Bailey, CO · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 370
Drew Nevius wrote:

They aren’t that well known... what are you talking about? They’re equal if not better in horizontals than the newer C4s, and pretty much the same head width so they perform about the same in vertical placements

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/107215044/c4-with-kinked-stem-still-safe?page=2   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsExl8t86kw
Sam Sala · · Denver, CO · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 82

I've got these exact cams that get put into play when I need triples...I'll gladly give them to anyone willing to buy me new C4s in the same size.

Andy Novak wrote:

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/107215044/c4-with-kinked-stem-still-safe?page=2   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsExl8t86kw

Wow, I hadn’t seen that info. Thanks! That’s definitely a bad failure mode. Not to argue that they’re worth $40, but wouldn’t 9kN be enough for most trad falls (and obviously for use as a TR anchor piece)?

In fact, the X4s (which I bought to replace these) are only rated to 9kN in those sizes

Sale pending

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started