Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Santa Cruz/ Sierras/ California Outdoors "regular" climbing partner position available.......

Original Post
Marcelo · · santa cruz, ca · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 15

Looking to find a regular climbing partner (male or female) in the south bay area to work on building a good climbing relationship/friendship.  I'm a short distance from castle rock state park and climb there weekly. Go to Pinnacles when not too hot and know Joshua tree relatively well. I've been climbing for 5-6 years off/on.  Have climbed in places such as Spain, Brazil, Portugal, Utah (Moab, Zion), Colorado, Oregon and have been getting to know CA since 2012.  Learned to climb outside and don't enjoy gyms at all. I'm in my late 30's, originally from Brazil and speak fluent english, spanish and Portuguese, very chill/ laid back and zero ego or attitude on the craig. Currently have a single rack and am slowly working towards doubles.  Have a current National parks pass and usually camp out at or near the parks (Yosemite, kings and Sequoias) on weekends as life schedule allows. Open to ride sharing longer distance climb trips (drive a 4x4 Tacoma). Eager to get more trad, multi pitch and eventually big wall hands on experience so looking for experienced climbers and am open to both leading  or following. Eventually would like to get into some mountaineering and climb/ travel around the world some more. Hit me up with a bit about yourself if you're looking for a similar situation/ partner and are in the area. eight three one - two twelve - twenty five seventy eight.  

Scottmx426 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Hey Marcelo, can you do weekdays at all?

Scottmx426 wrote: Hey Marcelo, can you do weekdays at all?

Castle rock yes! afternoons mostly, tend to go there at least twice a week.  

I’m kind of looking for single or multi day Sierra partners for weekdays. But weekends certainly work as well. 

Dalton Johnson · · My Car · Joined May 2017 · Points: 2,691

hey marcelo, I'm down to climb! I learned to climb outdoors through NOLS and have been living out of a van and climbing for the past year. I am laid back and safe when I climb but like to push myself with the right belayer. I am much more into trad climbing than sport or bouldering. I do not have aid climbing experience, but I have done some a0 and c1 stuff by french freeing or with friends gear. I am a pretty average climber, trad lead 9s and unsure what I could follow. Sport 5.10+ and 11-. Bouldering is rough, v2-3 but willing to try anything with a good spotter.

I have been an endurance athlete my whole life, so long trad climbs are SWEET! Also, I am working on my spanish, so if you are willing to teach I would love to practice more and more!

I have a large single rack of metolious and bd gear. I do a good amount of rock climbing photography so I spend a lot of time dangling from the wall. Big walls sound fun, but I do not know where to begin.

Outside of climbing, I love to surf, run, do long ass day hikes (22 hours at times), and TRAVEL!

Give me a call or text 530-320-9739, I "live" in santa cruz when I am not on the road. Maybe we can meet up sometime soon!

Dalton. I’m heading out to Tuolumne and east side in my van this coming week. You open on weekdays? 

Dalton Johnson · · My Car · Joined May 2017 · Points: 2,691

This coming week I have a few photo shoots in San Fran and Santa Cruz. I’ll be south lake from the 29th until the 11/12th. If you can make any of those dates let me know!

Danny Herrera · · San Bruno, CA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 335

Hey scott, I have all wednesdays off. Climbing for 4 years, sport up 12a, trad 5.8. Willing to travel 

Hey Dalton. I’m back to work 28/29. After that maybe. But currently I’m off the next 10 days. Danny, I’m back in town Wednesday and Thursday the week probably taking a resf. After that I’m off till 8/27. 

Heading to King's and Sequoias for some backpacking and climbing Monday Aug 20th - through 30th.

Scottmx426 wrote: Hey Dalton. I’m back to work 28/29. After that maybe. But currently I’m off the next 10 days. Danny, I’m back in town Wednesday and Thursday the week probably taking a resf. After that I’m off till 8/27. 

Hey Scott perhaps you should start your own thread!

h82bindoors · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

I’m an experienced multipitch trad and alpine climber. I lead 5.9s at the Gunks and will be in SF on the 12th. My partner is not getting there till the 15th. Is anyone interested in climbing with me on the 13th & 14th?! I’m very energetic and love climbing long days. Will be looking to swing leads. This will be my first time climbing in CA but I have climbed all over US, Canada, Mexico and Greece.

Still looking for the right partner......

John Grisbach · · castaic · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Marcelo, I live in LA and need a regular partner.  I recently retired and have more time to climb.  I have a rack and ropes and have experience up to and including leading Multi pitch Ice.  Though I dont lead rock at a high level (5.8 is my top), I am a very knowledgeable climber that is safe.  I want to get more Joshua tree routes in this season along with more sierra climbs. I am looking for a partner to do Mt. Emerson during the early part of the week of the 17th. Its rated 5.4 but that gives us a chance to see our abilities before something more committing.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Santa Cruz/ Sierras/ California Outdoors "regul…"