Mountain Project Logo

ReguLRS AT DEVILS PUNCH BOWL

Original Post
Emmanuel Lacoste · · Bullhead City, AZ · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 6

Anyone here climbing at Devils Punch Bowl lately? Want to check it out next weekend.

Looks like an easy approach, for my 3 year old. Also looks like some shade is possible?

Any and all advice welcomed.

Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 20

Approach is easy and there is shade, even so it’ll be ~100°. Rock quality and climbing isn’t that great, would not recommend climbing there, especially this time of year.

alex carey · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 175

not a lot of places super close to LA that won't be super hot, unless you could head to elevation. If you are set on climbing, VD wall in the south area is pure shade in the morning. Get there early and do a half day before it turns into sun. Its also the wall that has the most moderates.

Crag Hag · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I climb there pretty regularly.  I have only really done routes on the South side - when I climbed North side, rock quality was a pile of choss as I don't think it gets much traffic. I wouldn't go there now - way too hot (even in the shade).... but if you do go, I would get an early start and know which routes you want to do because it got pretty warm around 7 am last weekend.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "ReguLRS AT DEVILS PUNCH BOWL"