Mountain Project Logo

ASOLO. CRAP customer service. Help.

Original Post
rusty pitoune · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 755

In preparation for an overseas expedition of sorts, I bought some boots directly from Asolo that cost $465 and arrived with a delaminated sole. Unable to take them on the trip, I attempted to return them to Asolo USA, but was told that in spite of their stated return policy they would only replace them, not refund me, notwithstanding the boots never being worn outside, and the whole situation messing with a trip of mine and the season being over.

ASOLO-USA is not even returning emails or phone calls, so after months of trying to communicate with them, I guess I now have to resort to this public shaming, which I do not enjoy.

Take-aways:

1. Don't buy from Asolo-USA unless you want to have terrible customer service following poor quality control, and not be able to return brand new boots that arrived with a manufacturing defect.

2. I'd like some help here with learning how to receive a refund from a company will not honor their return policy. Better business bureau? Consumer affairs? Something else?

I know if I had purchased boots from Scarpa or La Sportiva I would not have to go through this time wasting crap.

If you have any advice, or had a similar experience with ASOLO, please post up.

Thanks.

Rusty.
Señor Arroz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 10

Contest it with your credit card company, assuming you paid that way.

Señor Arroz wrote: Contest it with your credit card company, assuming you paid that way.

Paid using paypal. Not doing that again!

stolo · · Shelby, NC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 191
rusty pitoune wrote:

Paid using paypal. Not doing that again!

PayPal Buyer Protection

Señor Arroz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 10

Yep. Paypal will handle it if the item was defective like you describe. 

Señor Arroz wrote: Yep. Paypal will handle it if the item was defective like you describe. 

already sent the boots back to them but they refused to refund, insisting only on replacing, months later after ice season is done...

Adrienne DiRosario · · Troy, NY · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0
rusty pitoune wrote:

already sent the boots back to them but they refused to refund, insisting only on replacing, months later after ice season is done...

PayPal should still be able to help you. 

patto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 25

If you have no luck through PayPal try contacting Asolo company rather than Asolo USA.  If you have photos of the new boots with a delaminated sole it would help.

That is the problem with local distributors of international made products.  Often the distributor does not give a stuff about the brand reputation and only about sales.  So the customer service is horrendous.

The actual manufacturers usually do.  Any good retailer knows how quickly word of bad service spreads.

Al Pine · · The 'yack, NY · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

I also had an issue with soles delaminating after very light use. Do a quick google search. It's a known issue. Asolo said there was no recourse and suggested I have them resoled. Long story short, their customer service hung up on me. I will never ever buy an Asolo product again and would urge anyone else to steer clear of Asolo products.

Ancent · · Reno, NV · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 34

Another datapoint, but the resoler Asolo's website points you to refused to resole three pairs of Asolos. No good explanation from either the resoler or Asolo. Frustrating to say the least, especially when a good quality boot (which they mostly are in the uppers) will last significantly longer than the sole.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "ASOLO. CRAP customer service. Help."
in the Climbing Gear Discussion