Mountain Project Logo

Best 5.9 link-up Redgarden Wall

Original Post
Buck Rio · · MN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

Travelling with partner, gonna get a guide for a day and want the BEST route that I don't have to lead any pitches of up Redgarden wall. Not Rosy, that traverse scares me.

This is what I have come up with using MP so far. Yellow Spur, Anthill Direct, Redguard, Alice in Bucketland, Touch and Go to something else...

But that leaves out all of the cool link-ups that could be done to make the experience the most fun. I'm gonna ask the guide as well, guy name Ryan Arment.

thanks for any replies...ciao

plantmandan · · Brighton, CO · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 50

I would defer to your guide. He'll make sure you have a great time. I would choose Yellow Spur of all the options you mentioned above, but don't limit yourself. Redgarden is not the only crag there with great multi-pitch routes. You may have just as much fun ticking off a pair of 2-3 pitch routes instead of one really long route. Just a thought.  

Don Ferris III · · Eldorado Springs · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 175

Ruper with the rover roof to Alice in Bucketland, rap the Vertigo Raps,  climb the Yellow Spur, rap the Vertigo Raps again, go home or climb Rewritten then go home.

Buck Rio · · MN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0
Don Ferris III wrote: Ruper with the rover roof to Alice in Bucketland, rap the Vertigo Raps,  climb the Yellow Spur, rap the Vertigo Raps again, go home or climb Rewritten then go home.

That's what I'm talking about. I forgot about Ruper.  Already did Rewritten in 1998?, thought it was OK, huge loose block on one of the belay ledges. Love Layton Kor routes.

Home will be an RV in Estes KOA campground
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Best 5.9 link-up Redgarden Wall"