Mountain Project Logo

Climbing mentor/advice

Original Post
Clark Glenn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Im a beginner climbing and want to learn to lead trad. Me and my buddy are looking for advice/mentor to help us get into traditional climbing safely. We have all the gear just need a more experienced person to help introduce us safely.

(Delete if not allowed) 

don'tchuffonme · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 25

If only there was EASILY SEARCHABLE AND ACCESSIBLE INFORMATION on this topic somewhere...

Nick Spitznagle · · Denver, Co · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 128

You've come to the right place! Of course finding a climbing mentor is allowed on here ;) It's the best way to learn in my opinion. Do you belong to a gym? That's also a great way to find someone interested in teaching you. I live in Denver and would be willing to go out with you guys sometime and show you a few things. Send me message if you're in the area

Philip Magistro · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 0
Clark Glenn wrote: Im a beginner climbing and want to learn to lead trad. Me and my buddy are looking for advice/mentor to help us get into traditional climbing safely. We have all the gear just need a more experienced person to help introduce us safely.

(Delete if not allowed) 

Where are you located???

Eliot Augusto · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 60

If you're in the Boulder area and free during the weekdays and are fine not committing to a whole day of climbing, I'd be willing to help out.

Matt Pierce · · Denver, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 278

If you dont find anyone and money is no object - hiring a guide is always a great idea. If money is an issue you might try the CMC's Trad Leader course?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Climbing mentor/advice "