Mountain Project Logo

Carpooling for Smith Rock Craggin' Classic 2018

Original Post
Sarah Wolfe · · Eugene, OR · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

Smith Rock Craggin' Classic registration opens July 17, so keep an eye on the link below! The event takes place Sept 14-16, 2018 and I look forward to seeing you there!

We are strongly encouraging carpooling! Please read the following information for tips and what details to share...

- Please indicate if you can drive or if you need a ride.
- For those who can drive, you will need to purchase a Parking Pass (either via your Weekend Pass purchase, or when you check in at Redpoint Climbers Supply Friday, Sept 14).
- Drivers should indicate how many passengers you can take and roughly when you plan on leaving and returning.
- Passengers, don't forget to help out with gas.

For more info on the event, go to the FB event page at facebook.com/events/1925905… (please "like" our page to get updates!) and check out the event schedule and register at americanalpineclub.org/smit….

If you have questions about the event after exploring those sites, feel free to contact me at swolfe@americanalpineclub.org. Thanks so much!
Sarah Wolfe, Event Organizer - Smith Rock Craggin' Classic

Daniel Negless · · New York, NY · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 0

Woot, just signed up for this and stoked to go!

I'm actually flying at the start of September from NYC to visit my parents in Portland, so I'll be at Smith sans partner from Sept. 7-21 -- anyone interested in climbing? Looking to hop on loads of 5.11 and 5.12s, but am stoked on projecting .13s or belaying on easier things! :p

Paul L · · Portland, OR · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 205

Got tickets and will be heading down for the weekend.  I can drive and can fit two passengers.  Will be leaving from the Portland area, Newberg specifically, likely late on Friday and returning late Sunday.  Have an annual parking pass.  

Message if you need a lift.

Katie Farmer · · Cheney, WA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Leaving from Spokane area. Big suburban and I have 4 seats left open (not including middle back). Leave Friday come back Monday. 

daricouv Dugger · · Vancouver, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 0

I just signed up and would either like to ride with someone, or can drive.  Will be coming from Vancouver, WA but can get to Portland to carpool.  I'd be able to leave sometime Friday afternoon and return Sunday evening.  I purchased the $5 parking pass.  

Message me!

Josh Heath · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 0

Anybody leaving the Portland area with an open seat in their vehicle?

I am out in Banks, but I could definitely get a ride in to Portland to meet someone on Friday, planning to take the day off work so any time would do... I have a ride back from Smith Rock already, so I'm just trying to arrange a way to the park. More than willing to pitch in for gas and snacks.

Let me know if any of you are heading that way!

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Shawn Snyder isn't going to be showing up there is he?

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,510
Briggs Lazalde wrote: Shawn Snyder isn't going to be showing up there is he?

He's been "taken care of".

Matt Enos · · Portland, OR · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 20

I'm leaving from SE Portland Friday morning (around 830-9) and have one full seat and two smaller seats (may not be the most comfortable for a 3 hour drive but if you're desperate, it's an option!) open in my extended cab truck. Will likely be returning to Portland on Sunday late afternoon or early evening. Feel free to text/call me to coordinate 503.477.0591. 

Kaila Spalinger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0
Daniel Negless wrote: Woot, just signed up for this and stoked to go!

I'm actually flying at the start of September from NYC to visit my parents in Portland, so I'll be at Smith sans partner from Sept. 7-21 -- anyone interested in climbing? Looking to hop on loads of 5.11 and 5.12s, but am stoked on projecting .13s or belaying on easier things! :p

I’m in need of a partner! I’ll be there the 9th-16th!

Max Tepfer · · Bend, OR · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 1,702

I'll be driving from Jackson, WY on the 13th and back on the 19th.  Would love to have some company to break up the monotony.

Max Tepfer wrote: I'll be driving from Jackson, WY on the 13th and back on the 19th.  Would love to have some company to break up the monotony.

Looking forward to your clinic!

Kailey Ruel · · Central Point, OR · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

Hi everyone! I’ll be leaving from the Medford area Friday afternoon if anyone wants to carpool! I’d be happy to drive too!

Also may be looking for a climbing partner for Sunday!

Mark Wilcox · · Portland, Oregon · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Driving down from Portland with a friend who has to leave Saturday evening. Would like to stay through midday or so Sunday if anyone wants a passenger or help driving.  I live in SE Portland.

Update: Looking like I've got a ride back Saturday night, but if the awesomeness is too tempting and I decide to stay through Sunday, I'll reach out again.

Ayaka Robinson · · San Francisco, ca · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 10

I’m driving up from the Bay Area on the 13th, but I’ll be hanging around bend for about a month or so. If anyone wants a ride from NorCal I have a spot in my van to offer. Also HMU if you’re showing up solo and need a climbing partner. :)

Monique Morris · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0
Katie Farmer wrote: Leaving from Spokane area. Big suburban and I have 4 seats left open (not including middle back). Leave Friday come back Monday. 

Monique Morris · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

Katie Farmer I’d love to possibly ride with you if you still have a spot?

Sebastien Levin · · San Francisco, CA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Driving up from the bay area leaving evening of 9/12 or 9/13 (flexible) and coming back to bay area on 9/16 after climbing.  I have 3 spots in car.

Ayaka Robinson wrote: I’m driving up from the Bay Area on the 13th, but I’ll be hanging around bend for about a month or so. If anyone wants a ride from NorCal I have a spot in my van to offer. Also HMU if you’re showing up solo and need a climbing partner. :)

Ayaka, my partner bailed last minute if you are still looking for a climbing partner, let me know.  Right now leading high 5.10's confidently on sport (can get a bit higher in grade if pushing) and in the 5.9 range for trad (have a tougher time when comes to thin cracks at higher grades, but can usually follow into the 5.10's).

Mark Wilcox wrote: Driving down from Portland with a friend who has to leave Saturday evening. Would like to stay through midday or so Sunday if anyone wants a passenger or help driving.  I live in SE Portland.  

Sent you a PM. 

Craig Gorder · · Bend, OR · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

Is anyone heading from Leavenworth (or close-ish)? I live in bend, but am looking at picking up a car in Leavy, so I'd happily take a ride back up :)

B VS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

I’ll be driving from Portland and have space for 1 person in my car. Send me a PM if you’re looking for a ride

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Carpooling for Smith Rock Craggin' Classic 2018"