Mountain Project Logo

Regular partner near Petaluma

Original Post
Asma Hasan · · Chicago, IL · Joined May 2017 · Points: 47

I am 30, female, and recently moved to Petaluma from Chicago. I've been a pretty avid climber for a few years and love the outdoors in general, usually sport climbing 5.10s outdoors. I'm looking for a consistent climbing partner in the area. I'm open to days and location. Let me know if you are interested and let's see if we can work something out.

Matthew Wells · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0
Asma Hasan wrote: I am 30, female, and recently moved to Petaluma from Chicago. I've been a pretty avid climber for a few years and love the outdoors in general, usually sport climbing 5.10s outdoors. I'm looking for a consistent climbing partner in the area. I'm open to days and location. Let me know if you are interested and let's see if we can work something out.

Matthew Wells · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Welcome to Sonoma! I’m probably not the right person for you, but I’m a 36 year old guy who’s looking to get into climbing. I have a background in cycling, hiking and peak bagging and would like to take the next step and learn to climb/boulder. I hear Vertex is a great climbing gym but I’m really just looking for someone to teach me the ropes (pun intended!). Hopefully someone else who sees this post might have some advice for me... P.S. I broke my collarbone in a cycling accident recently so I’m delayed a few months. My ultimate goal is to get into more mixed route alpine style climbing. 

Asma Hasan · · Chicago, IL · Joined May 2017 · Points: 47

Thanks for the response Matthew. I definitely wouldn't suggest climbing with a broken or healing collarbone. Take some time and recover! I'm happy to help show you some ropes once you are better.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Regular partner near Petaluma"
in the Northern California Partners