Mountain Project Logo

Completely different route info showing in app vs website

Original Post
Gabe O'Leary · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 542

I've suspected this being the case on a number of occasions but this is the only definitive example that I have found.  This is the furthest left route in Toxic - Tang area.

Web
name: Journey to the otherside of the bridge
Rating: 5.8 2.2 stars

Mobile

Name: The Route of All Evil or F.M.B.
rating: 5.9 0.7 stars 3 votes

The both have different comments although they have 1 in common.

Web screenshots

Mobile screenshots:
Chris Blatchley · · Somerville, MA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 7

The app caches data on your phone. You can update a States data by going to the home screen -> manage areas -> download updates on the state with the conflicts

Interesting, Chris thanks for pointing that out.  It's surprising to me that one has to go in an manually update the routes.  I would think it would be beneficial to users for them to be able to "subscribe" to an area and have all of the routes updated and synced (perhaps via wifi) periodically.  I guess I should create a new post with that as a request (unless one already exists or this functionality is being worked on...).  Of my friends that use the app many of them (like me) had no idea you had to manually request updated information.

It's quite cumbersome for a resident of a particular area to have to manually kick off this action over and over again.

Chris Blatchley · · Somerville, MA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 7
Gabe O'Leary wrote: Interesting, Chris thanks for pointing that out.  It's surprising to me that one has to go in an manually update the routes.  I would think it would be beneficial to users for them to be able to "subscribe" to an area and have all of the routes updated and synced (perhaps via wifi) periodically.  I guess I should create a new post with that as a request (unless one already exists or this functionality is being worked on...).  Of my friends that use the app many of them (like me) had no idea you had to manually request updated information.

It's quite cumbersome for a resident of a particular area to have to manually kick off this action over and over again.

you can enable auto-updates, which are disabled by default.

go to manage areas -> tap the gear on the upper right -> enable auto update. not sure you can do it for a specific area though.

Hmm another curious discovery.

I went to enable Auto Update as you describe and it's already enabled...

having changed nothing:

and you can see there are areas that are clearly not updating.

Looks like something is broken.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Completely different route info showing in app…"