Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Dallas/Fort Worth partner/mentor?

Original Post
Wayne Crawford · · Mansfield, TX · Joined 7 days ago · Points: 0

I'm new to the site, and don't have a ton of climbing experience (i've done gyms a few times, and climbed outside once). I'm hoping to find someone in the DFW who would be interested in climbing indoors every so often and take some outdoors trips (maybe to Austin area - or other TX areas? I'm new to Texas too) when possible (timing, weather, etc.). I'm a newbie but I'm really intrigued by climbing, and want to get more interested in it. I don't have friends who climb in Texas (climbed with some friends in NM). I work at UTA and was climbing indoors there from time to time but it's mostly all young college kids and it just wasn't really my scene. I'd love to find somebody who would be willing to climb with me and do some teaching about climbing (lead, belay, etc.). I've belayed before, but not much, and want to get to the point to where I can take friends of mine climbing and feel comfortable being the only one there who knows what's really going on. When I've climbed outdoors, I want to say it was in the 5.9-5.10 range, though I could be wrong (it was on some rocks in Las Cruces). I'm not as interested in going in groups of classes for learners, but more interested in finding a consistent partner (i'd like to do this much more often and don't want it to be just a one-time lesson in outdoors climbing offered by a gym or something). Anybody need a partner and willing to teach?

Charles DuPont · · Dallas, TX · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 5

Hey Wayne, shoot me a PM, I’m in the DFW area and am often in need of a partner.  Id also be willing to teach you a few things and am always up for getting outside

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Dallas/Fort Worth partner/mentor?"
in the Texas Partners