Mountain Project Logo

Favorites List

Original Post
Topher Dabrowski · · Portland, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 2,163

Maybe I missed the memo but is there somewhere to add areas to a favorites list or quick list?  I would want this to show up under the "Route Guide" tab such that I am looking for routes but want to be able to quickly drill down into the areas I climb the most or have the most interest in.

Thx

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

There are a couple ways, but one is near the top left on What's New: mountainproject.com/whats-new

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739

The app allows you to bookmark areas/sub-areas, and they're accessible from the home page of the app. Not sure if that carries over to the web version; I'm not seeing it after a quick perusal.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098
Andrew Krajnik wrote: The app allows you to bookmark areas/sub-areas, and they're accessible from the home page of the app. Not sure if that carries over to the web version; I'm not seeing it after a quick perusal.

It does not.  We thought about unifying them, but decided the use case on the app is different: for example, I bookmark a place in the app when I'm headed there this afternoon, or for a weekend, and they change all the time.  I use web favorites to keep track on stuff going on in my general area, and want to keep that fairly permanent.

Topher Dabrowski · · Portland, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 2,163
Nick Wilder wrote: There are a couple ways, but one is near the top left on What's New: mountainproject.com/whats-new

Nick - I don't find that intuitive.  When I arrive at the MP site to look for routes I don't think "....hmmm what's new?" and go for the What's New link.  I think routes should be found under the Route Guide link, which makes organizational sense.  Then when I am driving down thru all the places in the world to find routes and I arrive in my state / region / crag / wall, I would like to save that crag in my favorites.  Otherwise I have to do the same thing over and over each time I visit.  I want to save Yosemite, J-Tree, Red Rocks, etc and any new places I would be interested in going without having to drive through the links over and over.

Secondly, I also want these available on my mobile device. Synchronous data and organization is useful, users don't want to organize in one interface only to have to do it all over again in another interface.  Its annoying, lacks elegance and frustrating to spend time doing something twice.  Efficiency and clean hand offs between web and mobile interfaces are key to a seamless experience.

I hope that the feedback is taken as constructive and not a criticism of what is currently in place. My intention is to provide useful feedback and help make the product useful and highly functional.

Cheers  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Favorites List"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started