Mountain Project Logo

Android: Climbing area displays no info when accessed from search

Original Post
Gabe O'Leary · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 540

When I search for "British Aisles" in the android app and select the area (Washington>Central-West Cascades & Seattle Climbing>North Bend & Vicinity Rock Climbing>Exit 32/Little Si>British Aisles) I get a screen that displays no content:

If I access the area not from search (by traversing the graph down to the area) then I can see it normally.

This doesn't seem to be a one time fluke as it's been consistently reproable (on my device) for over a week.

BUMP

Even after updating the route data for this state I'm still encountering this problem.

Should I be posting/emailing my bugs in another fashion to get someone's attention?

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 3,879

We don't currently have an Android developer and I'm afraid we can't address this until we do.  We have the job open right now though!  (see message at the very top of every page on mp)

If the job opening was in Washington I might be interested...  That said, does that mean that all of my reports here are just going by the wayside until someone gets hired?  It would be nice to know that these issues are being tracked somehow even if they aren't being fixed, but I suspect that is not the case due to how you are using this forum.

Might I suggest a platform like uservoice?  I use that on my team to track issues & feature requests.  It's a bit more organized than using a subsection of your forum.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 3,879
Gabe O'Leary wrote: If the job opening was in Washington I might be interested...  That said, does that mean that all of my reports here are just going by the wayside until someone gets hired?  It would be nice to know that these issues are being tracked somehow even if they aren't being fixed, but I suspect that is not the case due to how you are using this forum.

Might I suggest a platform like uservoice?  I use that on my team to track issues & feature requests.  It's a bit more organized than using a subsection of your forum.

We have internal tracking tools and are well aware of several major Android bugs.  They're a top priority for the new engineer.  Thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Android: Climbing area displays no info when ac…"