Mountain Project Logo

Night bouldering at Lincoln woods

Original Post
Fan Y · · Bishop · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 878

Does anyone have info on parking and bouldering at lw at night? Or is it strictly off limits being a state park? Thanks!

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419

At 1st i said some less than helpful thing, that was well meaning but mis-understood by the OP.
its pretty small town,to have more than a drive by, doubt that you would get 'rousted', and if a cop did take a walk ,you would just be told to leave, at least that seems most likely

then I saw this ???picture of a headlamp wearing boulderer

seems like you would want a solid back up plan like a rescue

by the way, Did you get up on the Ghost ?

A Fine damn bit of writing removed if that was the request from your other public rebuke?

Anyone know where might be a good place to park to avoid police attention? 

No, only just found partners for it last week. it's too hot now and I will be away all summer. Will wait for the autumn. 

HBTHREE · · ma · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 30

Did u forget your shoes in the same spot I found your draws last yr?  Sorry man but that's funny,  wut u working? As far as night cl8mbing down there it's not the cops u have to worry about, seriously. I've  climbed there a bit in the dark if u park by the main entrance u'll be fine but it def gets odd there at night. Not dangerous I guess just weird, and way better now  than the past.  I'm into after work sessions and have 2 pads lmk if u ever need back up

ah man, maybe?! I'm an idiot sometimes...often times i guess. Do the cars get broken into at LW at night? I don't mind weirdos doing whatever in the woods, as long as they are out of sight...

HBTHREE · · ma · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 30

I hear ya I'm pretty sure I've left a chalk bag in every gym i've ever entered. I've never had my car broken into in Lincoln woods and usually park at the main entrance. I think the whole parks been much better in the last few yrs, but in "season" when the gate out past pocket rockets open, it gets weird out there around barbed wire so i usually stay closer to the road, in a group.

Luke Mertins · · Merrimack, NH · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

I have been down there the past two days in the heat.  Honestly it's just better to put up with it than go at night.  It's not that bad if you go after 5 or before noon.  

Pond cave is in the shade in the AM. Try again and a lot of stuff in that area are shaded in PM. Warmup area is shaded PM and most of that is crimpy not sloppy.  

Based on the sketch people I see during the day I wouldn't want to go at night lol

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Night bouldering at Lincoln woods"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started