Mountain Project Logo

Anyone living in Bishop, CA want to make a little $$ tomorrow night for 10 minutes of work - Sunday, July 1st ? :) Need a lift from the airport to a motel in town.....

Original Post
Andy Laakmann · · Bend, OR · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,990

Ok - random request.  We're flying into Bishop tomorrow in a small plane and need to get a ride to town.   we'd prefer not to walk the 4 miles in the dark with our bags.

We would need a ride from the bishop airport at 8:30pm on July 1st.... to the Creekside Inn.  $40 of easy money for 10 minutes of work.

PM me if interested!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Andy,

I've never used Uber or Lyft, but wouldn't that work? If they serve Bishop.

Andy Laakmann · · Bend, OR · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,990

I was told there is only one Uber drive in Bishop - hence that seems like a long shot.  Worst case we'll hoof it and hitch, just looking for the express route is someone wants to make some cash!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
rusty pitoune wrote:

not everybody chooses to have a smartphone.

I seriously doubt that's the reason, especially considering Andy has already checked into it.

Luke Lydiard · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 1,069

Try the FaceBook group "Buy, Sell or Trade in Mammoth or Bishop NEW". Sure you can find somebody to help you out. 

phylp phylp · · Upland · Joined May 2015 · Points: 1,102

Andy I sent a text to some friends in Bishop.  If, they're interested they'll look here.
I heard the same thing about there only being one Uber driver in Bishop.  
I was planning on taking my RV and no tow car, and staying at Horton Creek and called Enterprise to see if I could rent a car from them.  Enterprise does pick up and drop off service.  Only problem is, they only travel as far as the city limits and the office is only open 9-5.
The person on duty told me I could check with the one Uber driver in town.  I'm surprised there is only one...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Anyone living in Bishop, CA want to make a litt…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started