Mountain Project Logo

Looking for a climbing partner for Dolomites - Late July/August

Original Post
Ben Roberts · · Sydney, AU · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

I am an Australian looking for a climbing partner in the dolomites. I want to climb the long moderate routes. I would prefer to connect with someone who has similar intentions of spending some time in the dolomites camping and climbing. So we can become an efficient climbing team and work our way through stellar routes.

I am 24 and have my rack. I will also buy a rope if needed. I do not have fixed plans. However plan to be in the dolomites from the 23rd of July onwards. Happy to go to other locations also and climb different styles. 

I lead 5.9 on gear and 5.11 on bolts. 

marjan bohnec · · Slovenia · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 15

Hi Ben,
I'm interested for climbing in Dolomites. I'm from Slovenia, I have few hours drive to Dolomites, I don't have free time all the time you mentioned but I could come for few  days (more than once). Most routes there are trad, some shorter, some longer.

Marjan

Fredrick Toohey · · Washington, DC · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65

Hi Ben,

I'm going to be in the area around the same time (July 10 - August 15), and have similar objectives! I lead 5.9 on gear, have a rack/rope, and would be psyched to work through a bunch of Dolomites classics. Email me at fredricktoohey@gmail.com, and let's talk specifics!

@ Marjan, I'd be happy to partner up with you as well either in the Dolomites, or in Slovenia

Best,
Fredrick

Bailey Kirkland · · Charleston, sc · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Hey guys,

I will also be in that area for the first week of August. I've got rope, a rack, and draws. Lead 5.12 sport and 5.10 trad. Looking to climb some long moderates. Would be awesome to partner up and climb a bit! I sent you guys pm's to talk about details if you're interested.

Bailey

Thanks Marian, would love to also. Let's stay in contact :)

Nermin Köse · · Turkey · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Hi,

I will be at Dolomites between 16-26 August, I am most interested in sport climbing, 5.10 a, Arco and Cortina d'Ampezzo looks good, I have all gear for sport climbing, camping and climbing will be fine,

Nermin,

Hi Nermin, I had a great 2 weeks climbing and camping in Arco. Highly recommend. I will also be around. Stay in touch. 

Amrutha Renganathan · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 35

Hey you guys! I have the post about my trip, I'll be in the Dolomites too from July 20- August 25th. I'll have a climbing guide for some of those days because... I just wanted to climb what I wanted to climb with no worries or complications with finding a partner. I'd love to link up with you guys too though! I'll pm you. I lead 5.11 sport. Will follow whatever.. 

Marcus Duvoisin · · Sacramento, California · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 5

I’ll be in Dolomites from Aug 5-12 and looking for a partner. Sport or trad, down for whatever, I’m a climbing guide myself out of California, stoked to get out there!

Sam Cross · · Cobble Hill, BC · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Hey folks! I’ll be in the area for the next couple weeks, I have a rope and draws, would love to get lots of climbing in.

My email is sgwcross@gmail.com

Hi Ben,

I will definitely visit Arco, it looks great, thank you, I will contact when I arrive, great to see that there will be people around, let's keep in touch than!

Lenalie · · Austin, TX · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0
Marcus Duvoisin wrote: I’ll be in Dolomites from Aug 5-12 and looking for a partner. Sport or trad, down for whatever, I’m a climbing guide myself out of California, stoked to get out there!

I’m interested in meeting you and explore the Dolomites. I don’t have plans yet. I guess I’ll  head that direction on Aug 1st. 

My destination after Italy (Rovereto,TN) is Austria (Kärnten)

I have a sleeping pad, but no sleeping bag or tent. 
Lena
Sam Cross wrote: Hey folks! I’ll be in the area for the next couple weeks, I have a rope and draws, would love to get lots of climbing in.

My email is sgwcross@gmail.com

I’m interested in meeting you in the Dolomites. I don’t have plans yet. I guess I’ll  head that direction on Aug 1st.
My destination after Italy (Rovereto,TN) is Austria (Kärnten)

I have a sleeping pad, but no sleeping bag or tent. 

I’ll send you an email, too. Lena
Fredrick Toohey wrote: Hi Ben,

I'm going to be in the area around the same time (July 10 - August 15), and have similar objectives! I lead 5.9 on gear, have a rack/rope, and would be psyched to work through a bunch of Dolomites classics. Email me at fredricktoohey@gmail.com, and let's talk specifics!

@ Marjan, I'd be happy to partner up with you as well either in the Dolomites, or in Slovenia

Best,
Fredrick

Hey Frederik!

How is your trip so far? I’m planning to go to the Dolomites in a day or two (coming from Trento province, IT - near Garda Lake)No idea where to start or stay yet. Traveling by train. Any recommendations?I’d like to partner up for climbing and hiking. Lena
Amrutha Renganathan wrote: Hey you guys! I have the post about my trip, I'll be in the Dolomites too from July 20- August 25th. I'll have a climbing guide for some of those days because... I just wanted to climb what I wanted to climb with no worries or complications with finding a partner. I'd love to link up with you guys too though! I'll pm you. I lead 5.11 sport. Will follow whatever.. 

Where in the Dolomites are you? I’m going in a day or two and could use some recommendations where to start.

I’d love to climb with you.
Are you camping or staying in a cabin?Thanks,Lena
Bailey Kirkland · · Charleston, sc · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Hey guys, I'll be in the Dolomites from the 2nd until the morning of the 7th. I have a partner lined up for the 2nd-5th, but I'm looking for someone to climb with on the 6th. I lead 5.10 trad and 5.12 sport, but since we would only be climbing together for a day, I'd want to get on something much easier. There are tons of easier climbs in the area that I would love to check out.

I will have a 65m  rope, 16 or so draws, and a single rack. I'll be based mainly out of Cortina, but I won't have a car. If you don't have a car either, I'm sure we can figure out a way to do a shorter climb using public transportation.

Send me a Pm if you're interested!

(I'd also be down to partner up just to hike, via ferrata, or sport climb too if you want, but I'd prefer something multipitch)

Marcus Duvoisin · · Sacramento, California · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 5

Hey Bailey (and all),

Sam and I will be staying in a mountain hut called Rifugio Averau in the Cinque Torri and climbing from the 6th on (arriving the night of the 5th), anyone is welcome to join, would be cool to get a group there and venture out! Via ferrata, sport, multipitch trad, down for it all!

whats app me at 15309456577

Emma Ransome · · Birmingham, UK · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Hey I’ll be in Dolomites Friday and Saturday if you want to climb?

Amrutha Renganathan wrote: Hey you guys! I have the post about my trip, I'll be in the Dolomites too from July 20- August 25th. I'll have a climbing guide for some of those days because... I just wanted to climb what I wanted to climb with no worries or complications with finding a partner. I'd love to link up with you guys too though! I'll pm you. I lead 5.11 sport. Will follow whatever.. 

Hi Amrutha,

I will be 17th and 25th at Arco and Cortina Ampezzo, my mail is nerminkoseee@gmail.com, I lead 5.10 sport. Which spots you will be, may be we can arrange smt,

Bye,

Nermin,

Cris Waddy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Hi everyone, I'm looking to climb on 20th 21st or 22nd. Ideally multipitch sport or trad to French 7a 5.11 in Eastern dolomites. Have gear and rope and car. Anyone want to hook up?Cris Waddy. WhatsApp best  00447989563032 or pm. Thanks

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for a climbing partner for Dolomites -…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started