Mountain Project Logo

Devils lake 28th 29th or 30th

Original Post
Bryant Race · · Albany, NY · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Heading up to Canmore from Chicago for a trip across Bc. My partner that I’m meeting up there got a little hung up, so I’d love to split my drive up there with some climbing at the lake! I’ve got a full rack and rope. Happy to belay someone working on something hard, or take beginners up easy/moderates, any way to get on the rock is fine for me 

Adam Ronchetti · · Madison, WI · Joined May 2011 · Points: 25

Just a heads up that it's supposed to start getting REALLY hot and humid up here over the next few days. Not saying don't enjoy climbing at the lake, just saying get early starts and try to find shaded areas. 

Thanks Adam! I haven’t even bothered to look at the weather. Well if I have to spend some more time having drinks in Chicago, so be it 

Gokul · · Madison, WIsconsin · Joined May 2011 · Points: 1,567

Climbing on the North Shore (Palisade Head) might be more pleasant, and isn't much out of the way either.

Andy Eiter · · Madison, WI · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 126

Bryant, I'd be keen to climb this evening after work. No trad experience though. Interested in learning anything I can about it, but would also be up for toproping.

Buck Rio · · MN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 1

North Shore MN will be prime this weekend, it will be crowded, but the setting is unique and the climbing above average. Certainly better than the circus that Devil's Lake will surely be.

I almost want to go just so I can take pictures of peoples anchors to add to the "DL top rope cluster fuck" thread.

Anybody that goes to the lake in the next two weekends please take pictures...

Andy Eiter wrote: Bryant, I'd be keen to climb this evening after work. No trad experience though. Interested in learning anything I can about it, but would also be up for toproping.

Hey Andy, sorry but I just ended up sticking around in Chicago and I think I'm gonna pass right through tomorrow. If I find myself back here though, I'll def look you up to climb  

Buck Rio wrote: North Shore MN will be prime this weekend, it will be crowded, but the setting is unique and the climbing above average. Certainly better than the circus that Devil's Lake will surely be.

I almost want to go just so I can take pictures of peoples anchors to add to the "DL top rope cluster fuck" thread.

Anybody that goes to the lake in the next two weekends please take pictures...

hot damn, that place looks amazing, dunno how I never heard of it. Unfortunately a little too far out of the way for now. I was also planning on just doing some TR soloing, but that sounds pretty ill advised too... 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Devils lake 28th 29th or 30th"