Mountain Project Logo

July Black Hills (Needles, Devils Tower etc)

Original Post
Daniel Heins · · Seattle · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 1,254

Hey!

I'll be roughly based in Custer July 3 - 28 and am looking for people to climb with in that time.  July 9 and 13-16 I'll be busy but currently am free all other dates/times.

Particularly looking to climb in Custer State Park, the Rushmore Area, and Devils Tower.  I am generally looking to lead mixed/trad routes in the 5.8/9/10 range but will be happy to climb easier grades, second harder grades, or do sport if that's what you're into. I'm down for just about anything in the Needles since it's so close.  I've climbed a good amount in (and have books for) the Needles, and done a couple routes on the Tower, so am generally familiar with the area.  

I could be agreeable to going up to Spearfish, haven't been that way yet. Not really looking to climb Durrance again, but if you are at the Tower for a few days and want to do that but also are down to get on harder routes then I can be agreeable.  

If you're rolling through, drop me a line!  Respond in thread, PM me, or text me at 9I4 nine two four 978O

-Dan

mason boos · · fo co · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 25

Spearfish is highly recommended and you’ll be able to find a partner there. You pass it on your way to csp anyway. 20 mile detour. 

melissa glantz · · New york · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 0

Starting my trip out there in a couple days... should be out in a week if I stop in devil's lake. Would love to climb any and all things!! 5165031717
Melissa
I'll be in touch : )

Roberto de la Riva · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2008 · Points: 45

Hey Dan,

I’m free on July 6 (all day) and I can go anywhere. Let me know if you are interested. I’m staying in Hill City. I’m out here with my GF who doesn’t climb but looking to get a day in.

I’m an experienced multi-pitcher but only brought my sport rack. Happy climbing ! Hit me up 612 991 8584 

responded to you all! and noted for spearfish!

BA Miner · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

Forum illiterate! where is the start new post?
Special request from a 1970 needler: If anyone is climbing Superpin, could they snap a photo of the logbook (If it has survived 40 years) and post the image(s)?   I need to settle a little remaining question with an old climbing buddy.

Thanks in advance.

BA Miner wrote: Forum illiterate! where is the start new post?

If you go to https://www.mountainproject.com/add/forum-topic/109301071 that should do it!

Not too many people on Superpin these days, but I'm about to PM you with a couple people who might be able to help. Unfortunately, I've left the Hills again (and to be honest, would really need to carefully look and decide if I were up to Superpin anyway)
Forrest Lewis · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0
BA Miner wrote: Forum illiterate! where is the start new post?
Special request from a 1970 needler: If anyone is climbing Superpin, could they snap a photo of the logbook (If it has survived 40 years) and post the image(s)?   I need to settle a little remaining question with an old climbing buddy.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure how I stumbled upon this post. But next summer (or if the weather permits) I can get up superpin and snap a photo BA Miner

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, Dakotas
Post a Reply to "July Black Hills (Needles, Devils Tower etc)"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started