Mountain Project Logo

Need help?

Original Post
HMie mie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

Took a lead fall last week and heard my harness rip. After inspecting it I noticed that I tore a seam where the belt attaches to the padding. My thoughts are that it's purely cosmetic. I feel that it was a seam made to attach fabric only and that the belt is secured with bar stitching inside where you cannot see it. What are your opinions?

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,510

Pics bro.

Barry M · · WV · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Even without seeing any photos...what is your life worth?!?

Adam Ronchetti · · Madison, WI · Joined May 2011 · Points: 25

The general rule I try to live by is if I ask myself "Should I replace piece of gear X?" I replace piece of gear X. 

Sam Wilson · · Fort Mill, SC · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

If you’re doubting the integrity of any piece of gear, it’s wise to retire it. I’d need to see a picture of it to really give my opinion, but it sounds like retiring it would be a good idea

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,729
HMie mie wrote: Took a lead fall last week and heard my harness rip.

That would be enough for me to get a new harness.

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,510
HMie mie wrote: Took a lead fall last week and heard my harness rip. After inspecting it I noticed that I tore a seam where the belt attaches to the padding. My thoughts are that it's purely cosmetic. I feel that it was a seam made to attach fabric only and that the belt is secured with bar stitching inside where you cannot see it. What are your opinions?

Follow your psyche.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Need help?"