Mountain Project Logo

Dolomites 7/28-8/25. Itinerary help. Want to join for any of this?

Original Post
Amrutha Renganathan · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 35

Hello Everyone!
I'm hoping to get your advice and suggestions on the itinerary I have so far for my solo trip to the Dolomites. I included it below. If you see any sections you would like to JOIN for, PLEASE let me know as well:)

I will be there July 27- August 25th. Please let me know if you see better paths to take or things I should not miss. I wanted to spend the first 10 days in the Cortina area and the last 20 days doing the Alta via 2 from Santa Maddelena. I added a 6 day variation to see Sassalungo and Rosengarten. I'm an experienced rock climber (can lead 5.11 sport/ can't lead trad but will follow) and am willing to hire a guide for about 6-7 days scattered throughout of the trip- if you see areas along my path or in the areas listed that are spectacular for climbing please tell me! Otherwise I am willing to hike crazy long distances and do lots of via ferratas. If you know great climbing guides I can hire that can meet me in the climbing places listed please let me know. Also, what is your favorite via ferrata lanyard?

(First 5 days can be rearranged based on availability/ weather)
28-Jul Venice airport > tre croci pass > rifugio vandeli at Lake sorapiss/ overnight @ rifugio Vandeli

29-Jul Sorapis circuit/via ferrata ~ overnight tbd

30-Jul Ivano Dibona Via Ferrata/ Mt. Cristalo ~ overnight tbd

31-Jul Tre Cime: via ferratas and climb if partner avail or I hire a guide~ hopefully overnight locatelli

1-Aug Tre Cime ~ overnight tbd

2-Aug get to rifugio lagazuoi in an interesting way/ maybe climb ~ overnight @
Rifugio Lagazuoi

3-Aug giovano lipella vf to tofana di rozes summit ~ overnight @ Rifugio Giussani

4-Aug Punta Anna vf to Tofane di mezzo summit ~ overnight @ Rifugio Giussani

5-Aug Ferrata ra gussela/ Averau/NuvolauPasso Giau, or maybe climb near Rifugio Averau ~ overnight @ Averau

6-Aug Sport Climb in Cinque Torri (find partner or or hire guide)~ overnight @ Rifugio Cinque Torri

7-Aug Get to Val di funes/Santa Magdelena in an interesting way. ( let me know great hikes) Explore Seceda either today or tomorrow~ overnight @ Santa Maddelena

8-Aug Maybe Sas Putia,> Adolf Munkel trail> Sas Riagas>Rifugio Frienze (or do sas riagas on next day depending on time) ~ overnight @ Rifugio Frienze

9-Aug Rifugio Frienze to passo gardena maybe climb in frea/ this would change if doing sas riagas from yesterday~ overnight at passo gardena or rifugio piciadou

10-Aug vf brigata tridentenia > boe/ piz boe~ overnight @ boe or sasso pordoi

11-Aug hike through via del pan, cable car up marmolada, maybe via ferrata al trincee.~ sleep here or take taxi to sella pass and sleep in sella pass

12-Aug climb something awesome in sella pass or surrounding area then take last cable car at 4:45pm to toni demetz and sleep in tony demetz. Option two: take cable car to tony demetz in
morning and climb something at sassalungo. Either option would need a climbing partner or guide~ overnight @ tony demetz

13-Aug tony demetz to alps di tires rifugio.~ overnight @ alps di tires

14-Aug laurenzi via ferrata~ overnight @ alps di tires

15-Aug molignion via ferrta and passo principe or antermoia ~ overnight @ passo principe or antermoia

16-Aug climb vajolet towers on 16th or 17th- hire guide ~ rifugio alberto

17-Aug rosengarten via ferratas or climbing ~ rifugio alberto

18-Aug santer pass via ferrata/ roda di vael/ > ciampade or somewhere I can hike or bus to malgo ciapella to rejoin alta via 2

19-Aug Alta Via 2 second half
20-Aug Alta Via 2 second half
21-Aug Alta Via 2 second half
22-Aug Alta Via 2 second half
23-Aug Alta Via 2 second half
24-Aug AV2 end in del piaz > taxi to venice
25-Aug fly out of venice at 11:30am

And of course if you want to join for an of the above let me know:) I'm excited to hear your suggestions! I have the tabacco maps so feel free to list those routes.

Thank you!!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Women's Forum
Post a Reply to "Dolomites 7/28-8/25. Itinerary help. Want to jo…"

There is ZERO tolerance for being a jerk in the Women's Forum.

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.