Mountain Project Logo

Springdale Utah Living & Working

Original Post
IcePick · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 100

Curious to hear about living & working in or near Springdale Utah, Would it be worth it to relocate there permanently or not.   Not really looking to constantly struggle to find jobs just to keep a roof over my head.
Anyone with current or past experience with this area ?

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
IcePick wrote: Curious to hear about living & working in or near Springdale Utah, Would it be worth it to relocate there permanently or not.   Not really looking to constantly struggle to find jobs just to keep a roof over my head.
Anyone with current or past experience with this area ?

It's a really tiny (pop < 600) tourist community, so if you're looking for tourism service industry kind of jobs or canyon/rock guiding or an outfitter, maybe. Saint George would be a better bet for diversity, but it is an hour away and certainly lacks the living on the edge of a national park resort kind of atmosphere. I can't comment at all on Virgin, LaVerkin, or Hurricane (other than its FLDS history). Perhaps if you could elaborate on what sort of work you'd be looking for?

oldfattradguuy kk · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 170

If you move to town you will very popular with visiting friends due to the new $20 per day parking.

fossana · · leeds, ut · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 13,231

I live in the area, but personally wouldn't want to deal with the continual stream of Zion visitors and the new parking fees every day. I spoke to a guy who works for one of the outfitters and he said that not all of the rentals (including his) have private parking.  I don't know what you do for work, but unless you plan to work for one of the guiding companies I would look in one of the surrounding towns/cities.  Rent is also cheaper as you move away from the park.  The entire area is surrounded by public land, so you won't have to go far for many outdoor activities (minus snow sports).

PM if you have questions. I checked out/lived in a bunch of climbing towns before settling on here a few years ago.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Springdale Utah Living & Working"