Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Machine 3.0 tools, Anasazi Verdes, Integral Designs Bivy

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Phil Schuld · · Holderness, NH · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 180
Selling a pair of Grivel Machine 3.0 tools. Used for 2 full winter climbing seasons, these tools are in great shape. Signs of use include the usual scratching on the shafts and heads of the tools, as well as some nicks in the handle rubber. Included picks are sharp and have plenty of life left in them. Looking for $300 shipped for these (plus paypal fees), plus I have a few new picks at $50 per pick. 

Unused Integral Designs South Col II eVent bivy sack for $125 shipped plus paypal fees.

5.10 Anasazi Verdes, size 9, newly resoled. Some fraying as seen in the photo, but tons of life left. $40 shipped plus paypal fees

Bump

Will McFarland · · Rumney, NH · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 278

djeh

Boots are sold. Thanks for the bump, Lord Rumney.

Bump

earl mcalister · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 175

Do you know how these compare to the tech machine? It looks like there is a little less clearance for bulges. Is the swing similar?

earl mcalister wrote: Do you know how these compare to the tech machine? It looks like there is a little less clearance for bulges. Is the swing similar?

Hi Earl,

I own TM’s as well. I’ve made a couple comments on these in a past thread, too.
The handle is set pretty far back relative to the shaft and I think they actually clear bulges even better than the TM’s or other similarly aggressive tools. Just my opinion, though. (See: http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/2014/02/grivel-machine-30-first-look.html?m=1 )
I feel that the 3.0 has the most natural swing of any tool I’ve used, much more so than the TM. Like most Grivel tools, they’re very light so the swing requires a little more mustard than, say, a Nomic, but the same can be said about the TM.

Bump

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Machine 3.0 tools, Anasazi Verdes, Integral Des…"
in the FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY