Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

NW Utah

Original Post
Paul Hutton · · Flaming Gorge, UT · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 740

I'm hanging out for a lil while. Full trad rack. Equipped for sport. 5.11 trad. 5.12 sport.

I really wanna climb to The Thumb in little cottonwood canyon. 

2o8-999-2460

bump. I'm seeing new posts, looking for partners like me, but no one's calling. 

just had a very inconvenient experience with a local that thought they could handle it. If you can't see yourself getting highly exposed and whipping on 5.12 multipitch, don't make contact with me. They weren't even willing to follow 5.10 single pitch. "I just wanna go home".

C Archibolt · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 871
Paul Hutton wrote: just had a very inconvenient experience with a local that thought they could handle it. If you can't see yourself getting highly exposed and whipping on 5.12 multipitch, don't make contact with me. They weren't even willing to follow 5.10 single pitch. "I just wanna go home".
Is it possible the person wanted to go home because of your personality?

Nope. We were getting along great. He was just always scared.

So are you looking for a partner, or what? This is kinda irrelevant. 

Ty Borat · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined 8 days ago · Points: 0

Paul, even someone who is able and willing to whip a 5.12 multipitch all week long may 'just want to go home' when they are not feeling emotionally, mentally, or physically ready to do a climb, any climb.

And yes this is relevant to your post, and yes I will climb with you on 5.7-5.9. And belay you to whip along the 5.12.

Right on man. I'll hit you up when I'm in the area. I'm sure you'll enjoy lecturing while you belay, provided I haven't dropped you back off at home before P4. Man, y'all are uptight and emotional. And that's ok. My ranting doesn't make anything true to you, so just kind your own business. Let's just get some movement and exposure in. This ain't a dating site. 

Ty Borat · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined 8 days ago · Points: 0

Dear Paul, I think the whole purpose of this thread has been to get you some movement and exposure, as you requested. Please look above to see that you have been wanting to find someone but no one was calling. And the one person who did call did cause an inconvenience to you.

Emotions are a very big part of climbing. Without that intact, your brain and muscles may not do as well.

And yes, let me know when you are in the area. I am very serious. You are up for a good treat. (Last night scrambled 10ab's and epic fails on a 10d. Things are evolving.)

Cheers bud.

Looks like you're gonna pass through the filter. Congratulations. I'm a genius.

I just had a great time in Vedauwoo for 3 days with a babe -- no climbing in over a decade, 2 kids, just ended a terrible marriage. She cussed, bled, led 5.9, got scared shitless following 11b on exposed P2, learned to jumar and loved it. Left bruised, smiling, willing to play more, but we had weather moving in.

I've had 4 people call, two of which are bold bad asses. Be careful when you wanna speculate.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "NW Utah"
in the Utah Partners