Mountain Project Logo

Comments from the mobile app

Original Post
Gabe O'Leary · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 542

I routinely climb a route and then have some comment I want to add (loose flake, beta etc.) but I can't comment on the routes while I'm at the crag.  It's not until I get on my computer that I can contribute anything and by that time I have often forgotten precisely what I wanted to say.  Is there any reason comments can't be left from the mobile apps? Is this functionality on the road map?

Rachel Vecchitto · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 46

It's on the roadmap! We've been pretty strapped for mobile eng resources over the last few months but things should be improving this summer / fall.

Gabe O'Leary · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 542

Good to hear it!  Also Photos from the app would be my next request.  Excited to see the improvements!

F loyd · · Kennewick, WA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 386
Gabe O'Leary wrote: Good to hear it!  Also Photos from the app would be my next request.  Excited to see the improvements!

+1

Acmesalute76 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 66

I kind of like that you can’t comment from the app. Unless you have something really important to say, you usually just forget about it. Keeps the comment volume down. Otherwise there will be a thousand comments saying “wow great!” Or some inane discussion about which green alien fits at the crux. 

simplyput . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 60

Yeah, if I can’t utilize my mobile device when I’m having a nice time in nature away from the grind of our ever expanding tech dependence, what’s the point?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Comments from the mobile app"