Mountain Project Logo

Mt Erie, anacortes for a few days

Original Post
Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Might visit bham for the next week or so. Weather forecast looks amazing. I'm driving from Spokane area and none of my partners can go. I'm hoping to get on some rock at Mt Erie preferably on a weekday. I have all the gear. Can lead in the mid 10s on trad and some 11s sport but I prefer not to chase my limit or test it in unfamiliar areas. Multipitch preferred. Txt 360two2four75four1

MisterE Wolfe · · Bishop, CA · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 3,682
Briggs Lazalde wrote: Might visit bham for the next week or so. Weather forecast looks amazing. I'm driving from Spokane area and none of my partners can go. I'm hoping to get on some rock at Mt Erie. Multipitch preferred. 
Wait, what? Is that even  a thing at Erie?

I've heard there's some but not much. Mainly id like to just gain elevation so if there's some topping out and walking to the next climb I'd just like to top out on the mountain so setup a shuttle but not a big deal if we dont. I'm going off the small talk ive heard, I don't know if this is possible but I heard it was

Kyle Elliott · · Everett, WA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 565
MisterE Wolfe wrote: Wait, what? Is that even  a thing at Erie?

There's more than a dozen. Some of them are technically link ups. 

Pete Spri · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 286

There are a couple 2-3 pitch routes, zig zag being the classic.

Many of them have ledges in between.

Any of you scallywags in?

Mt Erie is actually pretty cool. Rock was fun. Heat stroke was not. Stay hydrated

Kyle Elliott · · Everett, WA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 565
Briggs Lazalde wrote: Mt Erie is actually pretty cool. Rock was fun. Heat stroke was not. Stay hydrated

my friend and I used to joke that Mt. Erie has sandbagged temperatures. If the forecast says partly cloudy and 68 degrees, plan on all-day sun exposure and 80.   

Pete Spri · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 286

Haha, its an island! And in the rainshadow of the olympics too. Expect normal windward side island temps ;D

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Mt Erie, anacortes for a few days"
in the Pacific Northwest