Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Climbers in Crested Butte!

Original Post
Marie Faust · · Crested Butte, CO · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

Hello!

I just moved to the area and would love to do some outdoor climbing. I'm new to outdoor climbing, but have been climbing indoors off and on for about 4 years. I've only top roped outdoors, but would love to lead if any one would be willing to show me the ropes! I don't have any gear, but would be willing to buy some if anyone wants to climb.

Let me know if you're willing to introduce me to outdoor climbing in Gothic/Crested Butte/Gunnison. Thanks!

-Marie

Ray Hellinger · · Gunnison, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 350

Hey, I live in gunnison.  Always looking for partners.   If you are interested, let me know.  Hope all is well!

Ray

Cody Vann · · Boulder · Joined May 2014 · Points: 5

Hello,

I’ll be in Gunnison for 2 weeks the first 2 weeks Of July for school. I’ll be working during the day but would love to get outside after work on most days. Interested in sport up to easy 11s and trad to 8s depending on the softness of grades.i want to check out the local crags and am psyched on anything. 

Josie Mudj · · Denver, CO · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Hey there, there will be a minimum of 2-3 of us (and 2 pups) that will be heading to Gunnison this weekend, possibly leaving Thursday night until Sunday. Let me know if you want to meet up and if you have any recommendations of some BLM places to camp.

Cheers,
Josie

Ray Hellinger · · Gunnison, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 350

If going up in thurs, you could find freeing camping up on Hartman.

Josie Mudj · · Denver, CO · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks! 

andrew breibart · · Crested Butte · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 0

I live in CB South and climb Friday Saturday and Sunday.  I have a trad rack and sport draws. I mostly enjoy Taylor and Spring Creek. I can lead sport 5.9 and trad 5.8.  Let me know if anyone wants to climb this weekend or the next.

Andrew
760-920-0375

Tashi delek. 

Cody Vann · · Durango, CO · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

I texted you Andrew. I’m trying to get out tomorrow Sunday. I am not familiar with the area but will be here for the next week. I climb up to mid 11 sport and trad to 5.8
Let’s get out. 303-501-4022

Max Horcasitas · · Paonia, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I'm looking for people to climb with as well. I mostly follow up to 5.10a kind of stuff. Sport or trad. Often available during the week, going day by day, sometimes weekends. Let me know if anyone wants to climb.

John Maurer · · Denver, CO · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 425

Anyone here looking to climb tomorrow (Thursday; 7-12) or Friday a.m.? Trad, sport, both? Looking to climb and know the area (lived here for 4 years). Taylor, Hartman Rocks, Penitente?

Max Horcasitas · · Paonia, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I may be around tomorrow and would be interested in climbing. I will know for sure later today.

John Maurer · · Denver, CO · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 425

My cell is 719-761-5238

andrew breibart · · Crested Butte · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 0

Anyone around this weekend? Wanna climb?

Martin Harris · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 180

I want to hit rifle tomorrow 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for Climbers in Crested Butte! "