Mountain Project Logo

WTB: Spot GPS tracker

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Ian Fried · · Brooklyn · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 16

Going into the backwoods / bear country quite a bit this summer. Tryna stay safe.
Hit me up if you have one. 
Ian

Jonathan Awerbuch · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 41

I've got one that I never use any more. It's maybe 3 years old. Name a price. I can send photos when I get home.

Edit: it's the Gen 3 -- looks like this: rei.com/product/860469/spot…

ClimbingOn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 0

Where are you headed? I’d strongly recommend an InReach over the Spot. 

Ian Fried · · Brooklyn · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 16

I've kind of heard that as well. I'm going to be above the treeline and realistically only need the SOS feature and don't care about anything else. It seems like the InReach and Spot have pretty similar SOS coverage. If you have an InReach that you're selling, please message me.

Jonathan, someone already messaged me about a Gen 3, I'll hit you up if that falls through.

Jonathan Awerbuch · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 41

Cool, just let me know if you want it.

Jason Antin · · Golden, CO · Joined May 2009 · Points: 1,375
ClimbingOn wrote: Where are you headed? I’d strongly recommend an InReach over the Spot. 

Spots are very inferior to the Garmin/DeLorme InReach.

If you have the option go with the Inreach with Messaging capabilities.
Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 195

I have a full functional inreach device that I am considering selling. I was gifted a (pre-order, so i havent played with it yet) inreach mini recently and will most likely keep it, making the my old model unnecessary. The version I am considering selling does not have a screen (pictured below). this device connects to your cellphone via bluetooth and allows for on-phone navigation and messaging. without connection to phone, you can track, send three pre-programmed messages and send SOS. if you have any interest in this device, PM me.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started