COVID-19: At REI, we encourage you to get outside responsibly. Stay local, avoid recreational travel, practice social distancing and check ahead for area and facility closures. Learn More
Mountain Project Logo

~~~ TED SENDS ~~~

Original Post
Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Here it begins. Ted sends, aka the Ted experience, aka the Ted that binds. This BD 70m 9.2mm rope was purchased off Ted via the MP sale forum after gaining popularity and attaining cult status for his unbudging persistence on a firm non negotiable price. Now the rope is to be passed around the country or even the world so people can enjoy and give the rope a rich history. Community baby! The good one; Climbing community. As someone mentioned, its like the "brotherhood of the traveling rope"

Please pass the rope on to someone who understands the value behind it. Once you get it, get your epic sends and pass it on swiftly. Be courteous and don't let it sit for 2 weeks before you can get to the route you want. If u receieve the rope be prepared to hand it off within the next few days that follow. Keep it stored in the bag when in transit. Use the tarp when necessary. If you clean it, use rope specific wash please and dry properly. Also sign the rope bag and post a report of the trip on this thread. An Instagram has been setup for this as well. Link will be provided. Pics are a must. Report who all got to use the rope as the names are pretty important part of the ropes history. . ropes have a lifespan so please reserve your sends for some memorable ones. If you ship please make it somewhat within ur part of the country so we don't have the rope spending too much time in transport. No west coast to east coast, back to west coast, back to east, etc. Also if you damage it please just report on it. You wont be held accountable for costs there's just a lot of trust that needs to go on here so no one keeps the rope or no one climbs on a compromised core.

Now that the stickler stuff is out of the way lets get this thing going!

Ted did not grace the rope with a lead due to his concern for the rope becoming too dirty where they were climbing in RRG. A noble decision. Therefore I claim my right to Jus Primae Noctis and I will court the rope to bed on her first night....?????.. I mean first outing. Which brings me to where we are at now. Stay tuned and enjoy my people!

Russ Keane · · Asheville, NC · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 180

Original thread:  https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/114324821/fs-brand-new-70m-black-diamond-92mm-rope

Ted   · May 2, 2018 · I have a brand new 70M Black Diamond 9.2mm Rope.  Asking Price is $140 + shipping
Ted   · May 9, 2018 · Bump
Ted   · May 12, 2018 · Bump
Ted   · May 13, 2018 · Bump
Ted   · May 14, 2018 · Bump
Ted   · May 16, 2018 · Bump
Ted   · May 18, 2018 · Bump
Ted   · May 20, 2018 · Bump
Ted   · May 22, 2018 · Bump
Colin O'Brien · May 22, 2018 · “Bump.”
mpech · May 23, 2018 · bump
Mulch · May 23, 2018 · Bump
Ken Noyce · May 23, 2018 · Bump
Paul L · May 23, 2018 · *bump*
A Good Goat · May 23, 2018 · Bump
Zach Tom · May 23, 2018 · Bump
Kevin L · May 23, 2018 · *bumps to help the cause
justin767 · May 23, 2018 · bumping to be part of history
Sean Post · May 24, 2018 · Bump
Muscrat  · May 24, 2018 · (baby) bump
Nick Ludwig · May 24, 2018 · Bump
Paul Allen · May 24, 2018 · bump for 6 pages
adeadhead · May 24, 2018 ·Well, if I may: "bump"
MisterE Wolfe · May 24, 2018 · Teds that go bump in the night.
Jeff Lee11 · May 24, 2018 · Bump bump Buuuuuump Boomp? Boop
Logan Peterson · May 24, 2018 · Moosebumps
Xander Bremer · May 24, 2018 · Ted.
Skye Swoboda-Colberg · May 25, 2018 · Bump Ted Bump.
Aaron K · May 25, 2018 · Ted.

Briggs Lazalde · May 25, 2018 · Ted. If I can get this rope off you for 140$ including ship, I will start a thread where we pass it around. We send mega lines... And next person pays for Ship only...sends line, reports on experience. Passes it on to next person. If we can do this I will send 140 now.

TJ B · May 25, 2018 · We’d have to have a Ted Thread where you post action pics of the Epic Ted Sends
Andrew R · May 25, 2018 · The thread that binds... the Ted that binds.

Ted   · May 25, 2018 · I must declare with a heavy heart -and pocket- the quest of finding Ted's rope a new home concluded.  Briggs brought the story full circle.  Hopefully, however, the saga is just beginning.  I sincerely yearn that all prospective owners have enjoyed this thread as much as I did and I am excited to see the heights this rope may reach.  

I will have tomorrow 6/12/18 off and 6/14/18 off work. I can meet to hand it off in spokane area, vantage, Leavenworth, mazama, Missoula area and probably further. Id be willing to make my first trip to smith for this occasion. Let me know. Pm me so we dont flood the thread with small banter.

EDIT: I will be handing it off on Thursday in Mazama, WA to Z Winters. I'm not sure where he will be going with it after that but he will be the one to contact if you can meet him in the general vicinity.

Nathan Z · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 12

I was first poster on Ted's FS post, but it looks like I just missed first post on this one.

I'd love to take a lap one of these days! 

Sean Post · · Laguna Beach, CA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 25

Bump. 

Sean Post wrote: Bump. 

Ill be the first to correct you. You mean Ted.

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 125

let me know when the rope makes its way further west....

curt86iroc wrote: let me know when the rope makes its way further west....

Technically golden co is east from where it currently is located but since it seems 90% of MPers are from CO it'll definitely end up making its way there. Excited to see the posts guys.

Walter Edly · · Thomasville NC · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 10

Ted for a classic idea...

MisterE Wolfe · · Bishop, CA · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 7,595
Dylan Pike · · Sandy, UT · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 244

I could drag this thing up something weird and probably unclimbed in Utah's West Desert. 

Phil Sakievich · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 116

Link to the FS post?

Z Winters · · Mazama, WA · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 240
Briggs Lazalde wrote:EDIT: I will be handing it off on Thursday in Mazama, WA to Z Winters. I'm not sure where he will be going with it after that but he will be the one to contact if you can meet him in the general vicinity.

Stoked to get this baby out. Give a holler if you're in the area and want it next.

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,275
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,275

If this is still going round next season, I might ask. Gotta route with my name on it in Colorado.

(Thanks, sir. Awesome way to kick a girl's ass!)

Best, OLH

Ryan Dubberly · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 76

Dibs in Washington! 

H Lue · · Seattle, WA · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 10

Hey y'all! Follow along on Instagram at @tedsrope!

This only works if people send in pics and a short trip report or something fun to share.

You can send pics and report by direct message on here to me, DM on Instagram to @tedsrope, or email Tedsrope@gmail.com.

Cheers!

the Ted rope has been passed on to Z Winters in Mazama. she treated me good

sorry for the lack in computer skills. Pics are out of order.
Pics 1 and 2 are atop Megafauna, Fun Rock, Mazama, WA S5.9
 3,5, and 7 are at Frenchman Coulee, Wa,
3 and 7 are atop Agathla Unchained, on Agathla Tower T5.10a
5 is of the Feathers, North side
4 and 6 are Big Rock, Rocks of Sharon, WA southface S5.9 

Bask in the radiating glow from the flower of life
La MoMoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60

I'm in. Send it my way...

Ross Goldberg · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 53

I'm in for whenever it makes it way to California

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.