For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

New climber that's owning it!

Brian ~+~+~+ · · Oceanside · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Wow, this post is derailing beautifully. Thanks for the entertainment. 

Jeffrey K · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0
jg fox wrote:
If his messages to women are anything like what he sent me, then it should be no surprise he fails.

Just trying to privately help you with biology, kiddo. And no, I don't date bigots.

Lighten up, Forrest! ;) You seem awfully fond of attempting to shame people. But hell, I'd rather you make me laugh than insult your girlfriend to a bunch of strangers. We're making progress, buddy!
Jack Lumber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I think both Forrest and jg fox are getting the better of Jeffrey K, and they both come across as much more likeable than Jeffrey K. Anyone else?

Ryan Swanson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 50
Jeffrey K wrote:

Just trying to privately help you with biology

Yea that doesn't sound bad at all when talking about sex to a straight man

Randy Von Zee · · Darien, IL · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 4,743
Jeffrey K wrote: Lighten up, Forrest! ;) You seem awfully fond of attempting to shame people. 

Wasn't shaming someone the precise purpose of every one of your posts in this thread?

Nate Tastic · · 88,4,108,50, 80 · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 10
Randy Von Zee wrote:

Wasn't shaming someone the precise purpose of every one of your posts in this thread?

Perhaps a case of the kettle calling the pot black?

Forever Outside · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 235
jg fox · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5
Jeffrey K wrote:

Just trying to privately help you with biology, kiddo. And no, I don't date bigots.

Yeah you also don’t get dates apparently.
Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0
jg fox wrote:
If his messages to women are anything like what he sent me, then it should be no surprise he fails.

Don't worry bro, you'll find true love eventually.

:P
Lena chita · · OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 745

Anybody else thinks it is hilarious that a bunch of tough guys in this thread think that telling a guy that he can't find dates is an insult? (actually, not hilarious at all, the INCEL sentiments have come out on MP before, but I'll focus on the hilarious part for a change).

I'm half-thinking of running a little poll asking the ladies on this site which of the online personas in this thread they would most likely consider for a date, based on what they have read. But I will refrain from doing so. Just a little thought experiment.

Jake Jones · · Richmond, VA · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 1,576
Lena chita wrote: Anybody else thinks it is hilarious that a bunch of tough guys in this thread think that telling a guy that he can't find dates is an insult? (actually, not hilarious at all, the INCEL sentiments have come out on MP before, but I'll focus on the hilarious part for a change).

I'm half-thinking of running a little poll asking the ladies on this site which of the online personas in this thread they would most likely consider for a date, based on what they have read. But I will refrain from doing so. Just a little thought experiment.

Don’t refrain Lena.  It’s a shitshow already.

Ryan Swanson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 50
Lena chita wrote: 

That seems rather objectifying don't you think?

wendy weiss · · boulder, co · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 10
Lena chita wrote: 

LOL. A great idea. Just don't ask whom we would least likely consider.

Lena chita wrote:... 

Do it. Man up and do it. 

s.price · · the deck of Rover · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,346
Lena chita wrote:

That would be a great read. I say do it.

wendy weiss wrote:

LOL. A great idea. Just don't ask whom we would least likely consider.

I'd like to nominate myself for this position. 

Forrest Halley · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 13 days ago · Points: 0

So she took her first good whip today leading an slightly overhanging 5.8+(gym rating card). I was paying slack for her to stand up and clip into the anchor and she lost her grip and sailed off the wall. I caught her softly with a hop, but it was a shake up that ended the attempt. We both had half of a really rich protein bar on the way to the gym and she was sick to her stomach. She's not much on lead falls and was a little tense afterwards, but fifteen minutes later she was laughing about it. So far she's top roped a few eights and worked on a nine. We got tired so we decided Hibachi grill for dinner, it's her favorite, then we'll sneak back and attack a few more routes before heading home. I've got a 5.9 with really good holds in mind for her to try. It's going to be a great lead comeback for her after the earlier whip. Wish us luck!

Paul Hutton · · Flaming Gorge, UT · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 740
Jared M wrote:

This is gold, coming from the guy who sprays about his 5.7 solos on MP

fuck yea i do! But I didn't start a thread. 

Do you solo? 
Forrest Halley · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 13 days ago · Points: 0

Well the lead rope was ready for us, but there just wasn't enough recovery over dinner. We each belayed some new folks who were stoked to get off the auto routes, but don't have their belay certs yet. She gave a valiant effort to start the 5.9 I had picked, but her grip was just too far gone. We dropped to a 5.8 she hadn't done yet and she fell after the first clip trying to clip the second. She got back up and dusted herself off and went up all the way to the third clip and got it before grip strength was gone. She doesn't like lead falls and we're working on it slowly. She was done after that, but she belayed me up two more routes and that allowed me to leave on a high note. She's excited about going again Sunday.

xcrag-corex · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 30
Tradiban wrote:

Well played

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "New climber that's owning it!"
in the Beginning Climbers