Mountain Project Logo

FOUND: Climber's Pack with Trad Gear at Humber Park

Original Post
Peter D · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Found full pack with gear at Humber Park, Idyllwild.

Delivered to San Jacinto Ranger District's lost and found:
54270 Pine Crest Ave
Idyllwild, CA

Call: 909-382-2921 to identify and claim

kendallt · · Tahoe · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 118

I hope I'm wrong but I bet someone out there is livid, thinking someone stole their cache.

Or, maybe someone actually did manage to lose a full pack...

Josh Gates · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1

I was thinking there might be a sad story to go along with that - nobody's gonna leave their whole rack behind.

It was there Saturday night and still there Sunday morning. Had fallen into the ditch along the road- probably out of a truck or car

Chris Aeria · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

OMG, it is mine!  There was a bunch of us.  I drove car from up top and everyone threw all the bags in the car, but mine.  That is what I get for a dark backpack at dusk.  Thank you sooooo much Peter D!

Chris A wrote: OMG, it is mine!  There was a bunch of us.  I drove car from up top and everyone threw all the bags in the car, but mine.  That is what I get for a dark backpack at dusk.  Thank you sooooo much Peter D!

Happy to help Chris A! Glad you're getting it back!

Ocalslay Onlyyay · · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,170

CHRIS A. WE'LL NEED TO SEE YOUR ID ARE YOU FROM AROUND HERE? IDYWILD IS LOCOLS ONLY BRAJ CHECK THE SIGNAGE

Chris Aeria · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0
Only, Locals wrote: CHRIS A. WE'LL NEED TO SEE YOUR ID ARE YOU FROM AROUND HERE? IDYWILD IS LOCOLS ONLY BRAJ CHECK THE SIGNAGE

Only, Locals · I'm a native San Diegian and have climbed Lily Rock for over 18-yrs and have never tried to exclude anyone from enjoying and respecting the mountain.  Ciao...

nathanael · · Riverside, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 370
Chris A wrote:

Only, Locals · I'm a native San Diegian and have climbed Lily Rock for over 18-yrs and have never tried to exclude anyone from enjoying and respecting the mountain.  Ciao...

oh he dropped a "Lily Rock", who's the local now??

Ocalslay Onlyyay · · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,170
Chris A wrote:

IF YOU'VE NEVER TRIED TO EXCLUDE ANYONE YER DOING IT WRONG BRUH CHECK THE MANUAL YOU MUST NOT BE THAT INTO CLIMBING ASK YOUR LOCAL VIMEO SPRAYLORD FOR DETAILS BRAJ

Paul Morrison · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 0
Only, Locals wrote: CHRIS A. WE'LL NEED TO SEE YOUR ID ARE YOU FROM AROUND HERE? IDYWILD IS LOCOLS ONLY BRAJ CHECK THE SIGNAGE

According to the Oxford English Dictionary citation I posted on another thread, the exhortation, "Locals Only!" is arguably a form of bullying.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Lost and Found
Post a Reply to "FOUND: Climber's Pack with Trad Gear at Humber…"