Mountain Project Logo

Flatiron climbing

Original Post
Tony Smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I’m heading up to the flatiron area tomorrow morning before the heat gets bad. Looking to be up there by 830 at the latest. I’ve been looking around at threads and wanted to know if this information is up to date. Looking to get on sport lead, trad, or scope out the bouldering.

http://www.flatironsclimbing.org/closures/

Robert Smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0
Tony Smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I was planning on soloing the East side North face flatiron - mountainproject.com/route/1…  or mountainproject.com/route/1… i haven't had the time to sit down and look through the reports quite yet. Figured early morning would have good temps and I could get up and rap down (if needed) in a couple hours. Might need to take more time as my head game is pretty good, but I still need to sit and take breaks every once in a while. Possibly looking into the 2nd flatiron as well, but don't know the exact route I would take.

Robert Smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

If you are capable on slab the first is a good bit of fun. The second flatiron is very casual while still providing for a great outing. If you are not aware, this weekend is the start of paid parking at Chautauqua which begins at 8:30 so just a heads up.

Best of luck with the heat and the crowds, it will be busy out there.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Flatiron climbing"
in the Colorado