Mountain Project Logo

Albuquerque climbing partners

Original Post
Clint Koch · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

I'm in Albuquerque for the summer and I need some climbing partners.

I lead sport up to low 11's but I am happy to do just about anything, follow harder stuff or set up top ropes on easier stuff.

I have a trad rack but haven't used it. If someone wants to teach me how I would love that.

I would love to get out and do some weekend trips a well, enchanted tower, flagstaff, Winslow or Durango... Just about anything.

Also, early morning gym partners (like 6 am) would be cool too. Or after work bouldering in the foothills.

Shoot me a message if your interested.

Eric Sorte · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 45

Hey Clint,

I'm afraid you'll find the local gym not open at 6am - I think it opens more like 12pm and stays open late.

I'm always happy to find new people to climb with.  I've been here a few years and done lots of routes in the Sandias and the local crags; trad and sport.  I'm usually at the gym on Thursday after work (around 5:30-7:30). Come by and climb with us if you like.

Eric

Schuyler Baer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey, I know this is very last minute, but I'm gonna be in Diablo Canyon tomorrow. Let me know if you're interested. (919)780-9924.

I'm also going to be working in Durango all summer so let me know if you're headed up there!

Sean Vallefuoco · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Clint (and any of the people in this thread),

I'm going to be in the Albuquerque area on Sunday and looking to get out to El Rito and do a little bit of climbing before I head up to Colorado for the summer. I'm also open to other outdoor climbing suggestions if you know any good local spots, I just want to get out for the day. Looking to do sport climbing but bouldering is always fun too!

I lead up to 13a and boulder around V8, but I'm just looking to have a fun day so grades aren't important.

Hit me up if you're interested at (512) 797-8853.

Hey Sean,

Check out Diablo Canyon in Santa Fe as a closer alternative to El Rito.  It's got a lot of great routes, some really good ones in the 5.12 range, and even some really fun multipitch lines (Sun Devil is great: mountainproject.com/route/1…).  Wish I could go with you.

Clint Koch · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

Eric, Stone age has member hours from like 6-11 o 12 according to their website, but I'll ask next time I go.

Schuyler and Sean, I already have some plans for this weekend but I'll let you know if I make it up to Colorado at all.

Clint Koch wrote: Eric, Stone age has member hours from like 6-11 o 12 according to their website, but I'll ask next time I go.

Huh, you're right.  I never noticed there were different hours for members.  Thanks for checking.
Austin Holler · · Wyoming · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Clint, I sent you a message. Let me know if you are interested.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico Partners
Post a Reply to "Albuquerque climbing partners"