Mountain Project Logo

New to Stowe, VT - Looking for mid week evening partners...

Original Post
Morgan Patterson · · NH · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 8,945

Hi all...

I recently moved to Stowe VT and unfort shattered my collar bone and had some major surgery ~9 weeks ago. I'm just starting to get back to some normalcy and am looking to start climbing again. Difficulty wise, I was up in Smuggs on Saturday and was able to boulder up to V2 but probably dont want to try anything harder for quite some time. I work in Montpelier and am looking to get out after work climbing for some bouldering or roped climbing, I'm thinking either Bolton, Smuggs, or indoors? etc. Maybe even some weekends... Basically, I haven't climbed in the area other than at Smuggs Saturday so I'm very eager to see the area's offerings!

Cheers,

Morgan

Taylor D · · Vermont · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 85

Hey Morgan! I'm still fairly new to climbing, but I've been climbing outside at 5.8 level which might be along the lines you're looking for, but may be too easy. I've only done sport climbs outside and I don't have a rope yet, but I've got a grigri and and ATC and would be happy to meet up and belay/struggle up rocks sometime. Welcome to the area!

Also if you are interested in climbing inside, there's a meetup group that climbs at Petra Cliffs every Tuesday at 6 and Sunday at 3. It's a great group with a wide range of skill levels, so you can always find someone to climb with. Even if they're not at your level, you'll be able to find a belay partner there. Hope this helps, and feel free to get in touch directly if you want to meet up.

petzl logic · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 730

if you want to climb in quebec sometime lmk

petzl logic wrote: if you want to climb in quebec sometime lmk

I've never even considered the possibility... I'll have to take you up on that and make that happen some time this summer.

What's some of the best areas closest to VT?
Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

Sorry to hear about your collar bone Morgan! Were you riding a bicycle when this happened? Good to hear you’re getting back out there.

Suburban Roadside · · Abovetraffic on Hudson · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 2,419
May the Phoenix rise again!
Morgan,
I'm crushed that we never got out.

did you hit up any of the boulders along the Rt7 corridor
203, Split Rock or "Great Pond" before you moved out of the area? 
Edit, Hey Morgan, Heal up, take the PT, seriously.   Yeah, I'm still lost here, but I've heard the rumors.
Peter nichols · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 95

I climb in the notch once a week after work and a day a weekend. I'd be happy I meet up to fall on pads or share a rope.
Welcome to the area! Send me a pm.
Peter

Bill Kirby wrote: Sorry to hear about your collar bone Morgan! Were you riding a bicycle when this happened? Good to hear you’re getting back out there.

Thanks Bill... was just skiing at Jay on an icy day and was a little careless. Wish I had a great story but alas it was not to be...  I caught my downhill edge and slammed my shoulder into the ice while looking uphill. Interestingly enough I had my phone GPS on so I know I impacted at 23 mph lol. Shattered in four places... if ur gonna do it... do it right!

Hi Michael - Ya sorry man... needed work and work was up in VT. Still going to be around in the Branford area on weekends and hoping to still get some time in at West Rock if the state doesn't remove all our shit..

petzl logic · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 730

mont pinacle is pretty close to the border and awesome. then around orford there are some nice spots i’ve been told of but have yet to visit. 

Jackie Sweet · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 82

I'm interested and available , feel free to send a dm

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "New to Stowe, VT - Looking for mid week evening…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.