Mountain Project Logo

Estes valley and rmnp

Original Post
Mike-Mayhem · · Bozeman. MT · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 60

I am new to the area and looking for partners to climb the weekday evenings and the weekends. I would love to get out and climb some ice/mixed routes in rmnp next weekend. I am also down for rock climbing, I mostly trad climb but climb sport as well.

I currently don’t have anything in mind for Rocky Mountain, so I am down for suggestions

Andrew P · · Denver, CO · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 20

Hi Mike, I am moving to Denver in June, and would love to get into some alpine rock/snow/ice/mixed (would you still be around then?). My background is mostly sport climbing and easy-moderate snow climbs, but I have some experience with trad/ice/mixed and am looking to develop my skills there to do more ambitious things. Let me know if you'd be up for trying something. I did Dreamweaver on Mt. Meeker last summer (following), which was fun/easy. I'd be psyched about getting on some of the snow/ice/mixed routes up Longs, or something like Dragon's tail couloir.

Jaclyn · · Longmont, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 0

Mike- pm sent 

Dan Alvarado · · Denver, Colorado · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 20

What did you want to check out in RMNP?  I'm free Saturday and have all my gear for ice or mixed, I'm just getting into dry tooling did my first m6 this year.  I don't have ski gear, just snowshoe's. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Estes valley and rmnp"