Mountain Project Logo

Switzerland and Chamonix (aug 1st-19th)

Original Post
Mark H · · The Moon · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Looking for a partner to do a few moderate trad climbs with in Chamonix or sport climbing in south west (Valias) Switzerland. I will be staying in the Montreux area. I am about a 5.11 (6c) sport climber and 5.10 (6b) trad climber. I have a good amount of experience alpine climbing and would appreciate a partner that does as well. If you are going to be in the area let me know. I would love to talk about objectives and logistics beforehand.

Willem Braat · · Paris · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Mark, I’ll be around then, exact plan still to be made. Definitely up for some (trad) climbing there, send me a message and let’s see what we can arrange 

Chris Farrah · · Sunnyvale, CA · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Mark, I'm trying to plan some climbing in that area around then as well. Planning on quitting my job end of July then heading to Europe, but haven't made any official plans yet. I have a friend that lives in Switzerland, so that's the area I'll probably be headed to first, but he doesn't climb so I'll definitely need partners. I climb about the same grades as you and have some alpine climbing experience in the High Sierra. I'd definitely be down for some moderate trad routes. Send me a message and maybe we can work out some details. I'm just starting my research on the climbing in the area, so I don't know much at this point.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Switzerland and Chamonix (aug 1st-19th)"