Mountain Project Logo

climbing partners (21st-25th of may)

Original Post
Olivier C. · · Saint Pierre d'Allevard, FR · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Hello everybody !

I'm free to climb these 5 days of may.
French guy (44 years old) arriving at Denver the 20th.
A rent car with me. Gear for trad also with me.
First time in the area and everything to discover !
I'm looking for 1 or more partners to climb during this period.

About experience.
Experienced in trad but the "european way" : usually with 2 ropes of 50m. Lots of climbs all over the Alpes during the 20 past years.
I'm a prudent guy and i'm not only looking for routes at my limits... I enjoy the same easy or "hard" (for me) things. I also enjoy fully equipped routes.
Not really interested in bouldering or one pitch route. I like multipitches more !
In this moment i think i can lead 5.8 or 5.9 max. No practice this winter, only skitouring.
Second time in the States : in 2012 i was in Yosemite Valley. Here are the routes we enjoy at that moment :
Half Dome snake dike,
Half Dome NW route (in 2 days),
El Cap east buttress ,
Royal Arches classic route,
Fairview dome regular route,
North dome south face,
Washington column south face (1,5 day),
Higher Catedral Rock NE buttress,
Middle Catedral Rock : East Buttress, Central pillar of frenzy
Manure Pile Buttress : after six , nutcracker

Communication : i manage to write english and i understand pretty well when people are talking...but i'm not so confortable to speak !

Topo and ideas : nothing prepared for the moment, i think i will use "mountain project" and probably buy a guide book listing the major classics climbs in Colorado. I also have and old book ("les Etats Unis, les plus belles escalades" Romain Vogler),  pointing at places like  Lumpy Ridge, the Flatirons, eldorado canyon, black canyon of gunnison. That seems to be paradise ?

Olivier C. · · Saint Pierre d'Allevard, FR · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Up !
Some ideas in my "to do list".
Everything to do in fact ! And i'm OK for almost every 3 stars multiptiches routes up to 5.8 in Eldo, Boulder, flatirons or farther ...
Reading comments about the grades on some route's pages, mmhh, i think there are a lot of "old school" grade in the area so 5.5 to 5.8 should be very interesting .
I don't have number 6 camalot. Max size i have is an equivalent of number 5 .
And i hope to find partners who are aware about places closed for "birds nesting" or other matters. I'm always doubting if some routes are "do-able" or not.
(Bitty Buttress for ex is said to be closed but in fact is open ?)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "climbing partners (21st-25th of may)"
in the Colorado Partners