Mountain Project Logo

Camping in Tuolumne and wife needs to work July 23rd and 24th. Help!

Original Post
Sean Sullivan · · Boise, ID · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 90

Hey all,

We'll be in Tuolumne the week of July 23rd, camping with friends.  My wife needs a quiet place to work Monday and Tuesday.  She has a mobile hot spot and we're trying to figure out our best option for those days.  
- I'm thinking there should probably be some places in Lee Vining that could work.  Are there any places in the park where one could work for the day?  
- We've thought about renting a place for those two days, but I'd much rather be camping instead.  (And the places we found were in Mammoth.)  

Any feedback would be most appreciated.  Also, if anyone lives in the area and would be willing to rent out some office space, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Sean

Maureen Maguire · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 0

The Lee vining visitor center in town near latte da cafe has had WiFi and laptops for people to use. It's not very private. Not sure of library hours in summer but there's a public library in Lee vining as well. Mammoth lakes is not too far away and might have a Fed ex which usually has workstation space for rent by the hour. 

Ben Horowitz · · Berkeley · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 121

Tuolumne has effectively zero cell phone coverage so going into Lee Vining is your best bet. I personally like working at Latte Da, and on Monday/Tuesday I wouldn't expect it to be super crazy...

Idaho Bob · · McCall, ID · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 410

There is a nice Air B&B in Lee Vining, don't recall the name.

Paul Morrison · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 0

What's your objection to Mammoth Lakes? They have a beautiful library, which Lee Vining doesn't. And it's open both Monday and Tuesday, which the Lee Vining Library isn't. And it's open all day, which the Lee Vining library isn't.

Sean Sullivan · · Boise, ID · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 90

Thanks for the recommendations all.  My major qualm with Mammoth is the distance from Tuolumne.  If we were camping in the park, it would be quite the commute to Mammoth and back.  

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Its a beautiful commute to Mammoth, maybe one hour. Break it up with a nice Sushi dinner for two while you're there...

Good cell service on top of Mt. Dana if that helps :)

Dead serious, the evenings get long on a camping trip and you can hit the awesome bouldering at Deadman's or Bachar Boulders too going to and from. If you got the cash to dine out in Mammoth its no trouble to gather some east side vibe.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Camping in Tuolumne and wife needs to work July…"
in the Northern California