Mountain Project Logo

Southwest Colorado partner?

Original Post
Mike Bohrman · · Index · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Looking to get out climbing Friday-Sunday, located in Durango but up to drive to get on some rock. Have all the gear needed and am down to get on whatever just desperately need a partner.

April McCue · · Phoenix, AZ · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 5

I just moved to the area. I’m still healing/strengthing after a tib/fib surgery, but I’m happy to offer a safe belay/top rope to get on some rocks ! 

Hey April, I’m always in the market for climbing partners I usually get out fri- Sunday somewhere in 4corners area, and try to boulder locally a couple times during  the week. My number is 9202481230 we should try to make some plans to climb sometime.

Trenton Wise · · Montrose, CO · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey mike, I currently live on the front range but the plans are to move to montrose around July and I am looking for some partners to climb let me know if you’d be interested 

Schuyler Baer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 33

Hey, I'm going to be working in Durango all summer and am really wanting to get out and climb on my days off. I'm new, but very excited and willing to learn. I have some experience following on multipitch climbs up to 5.10

• Hey Schuyler, what are you getting into this weekend? I’m working on getting a group together to go to Dolores canyon Friday-Sunday if you’d like to get on some rock my number is in the comments

I’ll be down Thursday the 24th through 28th. Anybody down to climb

I’ll be free the 25th-28th, where are you trying to climb?

Anywhere really. I’ll be in montrose.  I’d like to do something in the black canyon but don’t know if it will be too hot. 

I’d be up for any 9 and most 10s in the black if I can get someone to watch my dog for a day or two, I’d have to come up from durango.

I’m willing to do something in between to shorten up your trip if you know of something that’s fun. I don’t know the area well at all so any suggestions are welcome. And I was thinking 9 and lower are fine with me I’ve been trying to get back into shape. Let me know your thoughts. My number is (720)388-5603

Will H · · Durango · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Looking for a partner to climb moderates 5.8/5.9 in SW Colorado.  I have a fair amount of experience, but haven't been climbing much for the past 15 years or so.  I am 52 years old and climbed a bunch in my early 20's and 30's.   Weekends and after work are my best times to get out.   I have a full rack and a couple of ropes.  Nuggernaut is on my immediate tick list. mountainproject.com/route/1…

Will, looks fun! I’d be down for that if you haven’t done it by the time I get there! Keep me posted on climbing I’d like to have a partner to go with.

Will H · · Durango · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Trenton, Will do.  I am hoping to climb it this weekend, but hell if it is good I would be up for doing it again.  I have also done quite a bit of climbing in the Telluride area.  I would love to go back and repeat Hot Wee Wee on the Ophir Wall along with some of the quality climbs in Cracked Canyon.  That might be a little easier trip for you coming from Montrose.

Cool, so I’ll be down in the area this weekend. I am hopefully getting out with some other people saturday and as of right now I don’t have any plans for Sunday. I wouldn’t mind coming to Durango or somewhere in between. I’ve never been to Durango so I’d be down to make a trip if you were open Sunday.

Joven · · Estes Park, CO · Joined May 2016 · Points: 10

Trenton or William - I’m in Moab now and headed toward the front range this weekend, but would love to climb along the way. Either of you available to meet up starting Friday?

Two six o - 494 - oh two eight won 

Drew Bernstein · · Montrose, CO · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

hey all, i just moved to the montrose area for the summer/fall and hoping to do some climbing while i'm here! i'm pretty new to outdoor climbing but can give a safe belay, ready to learn as much as possible and happy to do whatever to avoid being deadweight. i'm around fri afternoon-sun, down for anything, let me know

Drew I will be moving at the end of June and would be down to climb for the summer I will keep in touch

Awesome, let me know when you’re in the area

Cool I’ll be down 27th thru the 30th. Maybe we can find a day then. Then I fly to MN for like 2 weeks then I’ll be back down. 7203885603

Sounds good I should be around then, I’m 9148394183

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Southwest Colorado partner?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started