Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Red Rock Guided Climbing - Plan B

Original Post
Glenn Sweeney · · San Francisco, CA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I hope this is a fluke, but our guide company just canceled the first two of three days of guided climbing for our trip starting tomorrow morning in Red Rock, with less than 24 hours of notice and no explanation. It's far too late for us to cancel our plane tickets and hotel.

I've reached out to the Red Rock Climbing Center to see if they could put together a last-minute itinerary for us, but I'm not sure what the feasibility of that is.

We're two climbers with indoor toprope and lead experience, plus some basic outdoor toproping experience, looking to build useful skills to improve our outdoor climbing, with an interest of moving towards trad climbing. If you know anyone in the area who would be able to guide on a last-minute basis if R2C2 falls through we'd love to hear about it. We were originally booked for 4/26-4/28 for three full days.

Thanks.

M. Morley · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 6,605

Try reaching out to Josh Janes through the site.

-Mike

grog m · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Argggg matey, you be needin a pirate guide ; )

Glenn Sweeney · · San Francisco, CA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Mr Morley,

Reached out to Josh, thanks for the lead.

grog m aka Greg McKee wrote: Argggg matey, you be needin a pirate guide ; )

How does one find a pirate guide? ;)

SeƱor Arroz · · LA, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 10

I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd be interested in knowing the name of an outfitter that cancels at the last minute without any explanation, just so I can avoid them.

Josh Janes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2001 · Points: 8,910

Thanks for the referral, Mike.

This is a very busy time in Red Rocks and all of the local companies (or at least those I work with) are a bit overwhelmed and are having difficulty staffing trips. Best practice, of course, is to have a guide locked-in prior to accepting a booking, but sometimes things happen and I'm sure the company that cancelled did everything they could to find a guide.

Big B · · Sin City, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1
Glenn Sweeney wrote: Mr Morley,

How does one find a pirate guide? ;)

....contact wow dilliams of course

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Red Rock Guided Climbing - Plan B"