Mountain Project Logo

Crash pad rental in Sacramento (HELP)

Original Post
Jennifer Chang · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Hello lovely climbers. I will be in Yosemite 4/28-5/5. I am looking to rent a crash pad so that I can do a little bouldering on my off days : ) Does anyone know of a pad rental service in Sacramento. If not, are there any very kind and gracious Sacramentoians who would be willing to rent a crash pad to me? I am reliable, will pick up, and pay for your pad.

THANK YOU 

grubbers · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 0

Have you reached out to The Boulder Field at all? https://www.theboulderfield.com/

They don't mention anything about pad rentals on their website, but they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Jennifer Chang · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Thanks for the response. I did reach out to them for the community. Someone had mentioned earlier a pad that they'd be willing to rent...that post seems to be gone : (   ANY climbers out there...please please help. 

Ben Taggart · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0
Nate Tastic · · 88,4,108,50, 80 · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 10

Hi Jennifer,

I'll lend you mine with some firm caveats:

1. You have to pick it up at Granite Arch in Folsom between 6-8pm tonight.
  2. You have to let me hold onto $250 until I get the pad back.
  3. You have to figure out how you're going to get it back to me on your way home from Yosemite (once returned I will give you your money back; assuming it's still in excellent condition; as is the case now.) 
  4. I'm willing to meet you in Jackson or Martel off Highway 49 for pickup on your way home. Not Sacremento (just happen to be down in Folsom on Friday nights.)
  5. Of course, if the pad is stolen, lost, or in disarray, I keep the money. You broke it you buy it. My call.
That's the deal. I'm not a rental service so, you can use the pad for free. As long as you agree to the above stipulations, that is.

You have 2 hours to decide as I leave for Granite Arch today at 4:30.

If that sounds like it will work for you feel free to PM me.

http://www.ocun.com/en/products/crash-pads/paddy-dominator.html
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Crash pad rental in Sacramento (HELP)"
in the Northern California