Mountain Project Logo

Leavenworth outer space

Original Post
Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Does anyone know if she is good to go?  Snow creek wall outer space the 5.9 trad multipitch.Considering going tomorrow please let me know whatever u know as far as if she is good to climb now!!! Can txt me too at 3602247541

Zach Parsons · · Tacoma, WA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 100

Post up if you end up going!

Damn u Zach I thought I had a legitimate answer hahah. Change of plans, probably won't climb it til Sunday so more time for any info on conditions.

Conor Pesci · · everett, wa · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0

I was up on Icicle Rd poking around last Sunday.  Looks like there was snow at the base but the climb looked decently clear.  Although, there is snow on the top out which would make me think its still pretty wet.  Personally,  I would wait a bit to really enjoy that climbing.  The traverse pitch would suck if it was wet ha!  Even the alternative crag up there, Pearly Gates, looks clear but really wet due to snow melting from above.  Either way - have fun.  Ill be up there climbing on Sunday. 

Alex James · · Ballard, WA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 166

There was a post on the UW climbing club Facebook page back at the beginning of April with condition report and pictures. It was apparently climb able, had some snow left on the top out and on the traverse ledge. Descent was melted out. 

Should be solid now then. Thanks man. I hear this route is super popular. Do you guys think there will be a line on Monday? I know its getting close to the festival so I'm assuming people might be crowding it early?

Alex James · · Ballard, WA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 166

On a Monday, this early in the season, I would be surprised if you ran into anyone else. In the summer on a weekend I normally see like 5-8 parties at snow creek wall in general. 

Erroneous Publicus · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 5

Be prepared for it to be raining ticks right about now up there.  I really hate ticks, so I generally avoid the place until after all the snow has all melted.  Seems to time about right for the tick die off.   

Maybe u saw the new thread..anyway partner bailed. anyone down to get on some rock in vantage or Leavenworth today and/or tomorrow? 

Giles Eperon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Climbed it on Friday (20th). Can confirm it's dried out perfectly and there's not even any snow on the descent. No issues with snow on top. Temperatures were great too, there were only two other parties that day so you'll probably be fine on monday. We took about 10 ticks away from the wall with us...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Leavenworth outer space"
in the Pacific Northwest