Mountain Project Logo

Harrison Hut in Pemberton Icefield approach status

Original Post
Nick Niebuhr · · CO · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 465

Looking to do a ski trip in May... Yes I know Powder Project exists but it seems pretty dead. Anyway does anybody have current info on the approach to Harrison Hut in the spring?? Looks like the new summer trail is pretty heinous, I'm curious if that's supposed to be the winter/spring route too, and how far you can drive up the road. Thanks for any info

Nick McNutt · · Squamish · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 700

The new summer trail is fairly good, it’s well marked and is around 2 hours or so in good conditions to reach the old road up from Meager (45mins-1hr more to the hot springs). May can be a tough time, you’re likely in for scrappy touring with sections of bootpaking at that elevation, the trail is mostly a traverse but is on a more northwest aspect so with some luck it will with be just all snow, or all melted. There is also a new, lower road being pushed in on the S side of Llillooet river that MAY be faster now... it’s not “open” but might be worth a look.

http://isurvivedthehurley.com/ has good info on similar conditions, it’s across the valley.

Check out the BC FSR site as well for conditions updates. If you can drive to the summer trailhead it’s doable, if you can’t, it would be a mission...

Hope that helps.

Nick Niebuhr · · CO · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 465

Thanks! So I guess you'd just follow the summer trail markers for the most part then right?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Harrison Hut in Pemberton Icefield approach status"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started