Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Priest Draw Climbers Reunion April 21

Original Post
jon bernhard · · grand junction, co · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 286

Hey any boulders who climb at Priest Draw near Flagstaff.  This Saturday the family of Robert Drysdale (he developed this area) will be there and would enjoy a chance to hear any tales or inspiration how Priest Draw influenced your climbing.   A chill day out to allow family to see and hear what Robert helped put on the map for Boulderers.  

This Saturday, April 21st. 10am - 4pm.  Group dinner on your own at Beaver Street Brewery.  

See you there.  

Daniel H. · · Santa Fe · Joined May 2011 · Points: 335

Hey Jon,

My wife Olivia and I stumbled upon your group in the Priest Draw parking lot on Saturday morning. I just wanted to say “Thanks” for including us in your day. It was a pleasure to meet the Drysdales, to hear Robert’s story, and honor his memory. Liv and I both said multiple times later how fortunate we felt to have been able to be there, even having never known Robert (he died 6 months after I was born). It’s obvious that he was a large than life character and many climbing areas across the country wouldn’t have been what they are today without his vision, talent, and hard work. Anyone climbing at the Priest Draw has a noble spiritual guardian in Robert Drysdale. 

jon bernhard · · grand junction, co · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 286

Dan-  
Thanks for making the trip out to join us.  A great day for us all.  Your addtion to our group was a fantastic gift to the Drysdales.  You both helped bring peace and closure for the family of Robert.  I hope to swing by Santa Fe soon.  Maybe we can give old Ben H. a hard time.  
Jon

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Priest Draw Climbers Reunion April 21"