Mountain Project Logo

Backpack stolen in Boulder Canyon - I need my keys back!

Original Post
Michael A · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hey all,

My backpack (black Osprey day pack) was just stolen a few hours ago out of a grey Ford Ranger in Boulder Canyon right by Nip/Tuck. It was completely empty except for some cheap headphones, a few granola bars, some pens, a notebook, and my keys. Two things:
1) If you're in Boulder Canyon, be sure your car is well-locked
2) If you or someone you know has this backpack, please PM me ASAP. You can keep any of the other stuff in the backpack, but I REALLY need my keys back. I'm from out of state, so they're worthless to anyone except for me, and it'll really suck having to replace all of them. You can use a fake account name or something to keep it anonymous.

Cheers,

Mike

MojoMonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 66
Michael A wrote: 2) If you or someone you know has this backpack, please PM me ASAP. You can keep any of the other stuff in the backpack, but I REALLY need my keys back. I'm from out of state, so they're worthless to anyone except for me, and it'll really suck having to replace all of them. You can use a fake account name or something to keep it anonymous.

FYI - being from out-of-state doesn't necessarily make your key useless. Some key kiosks can save the key info and replicate it at any other kiosk location. So if your car had a home key and some info (registration, etc) with your home address and this were a sophisticated attack I'd ask neighbors to keep an eye on your place. People have been targeted for burglaries while on vacation since they were known to be away. Probably not the case here of course but something to keep in mind.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Backpack stolen in Boulder Canyon - I need my k…"
in the Colorado