Mountain Project Logo

Yosemite 4/19-4/22

Original Post
Patricia Decker · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Howdy! I'm looking for someone who can lead climb in Yosemite 4/19-4/22. I have a campsite in Yosemite's Upper Pines campground 4/18-4/22, and I'll be arriving with another climber friend probably around 8pm on 4/18. We have room for 3-4 more people and 1 more vehicle. I've got room in my van to take 2 more people, leaving SF around 2pm.

So far we are planning on doing some hiking, because our other friend who trad leads bailed on us last minute. The more the merrier!

About our climbing experience: my friend and I both climb 5.10d-5.11c in the gym and are not yet lead certified. I've taken the lead climbing class at Mission Cliffs and attempted my test once a few months ago. I have a bit of experience following on climbs outdoors (JTree, Castle Rock, Berkeley), and I've taken REI's Anchors I course (natural and fixed protection, suitable for top roping). I have a 70m Mammut Rope (essentially brand new), 12 new PosiWire quickdraws, and a basic cordelette, among other gear I can contribute.

Tricia

BrianG75 Gothard · · Pioneer · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 25

Trish,

I'll be in lower pines site 44 this weekend with my wife (she doesn't climb).  I was planning on doing some easy stuff that my wife can belay and lower me on.  Arriving Friday night too.  I'm not climbing anything that hard these days as I usually only climb a few times a year.  I have a lot of experience however from living and climbing in the valley in 1999 and 2001  If you're interested stop by or message me.  I have all the gear for leading as well. 

Steve Maxey · · Merced, CA · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 0

Either of you willing to let a fellow climber crash at your site for the evening? Will bring beer.

I’m dialing some solo aid stuff, but could probably be talked into hopping on something quick and easy in the morning to help build the newbie skills.

PM me.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Yosemite 4/19-4/22"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started