Mountain Project Logo

Best toe bails for G2 SM?

Original Post
Sterling Falconer · · California · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

I use a petzl lynx crampon but the toe bail that comes with it doesn’t fit securely with my G2’s. Anyone have alternative toe bails? 

Nick B · · Anchorage, AK · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 61

My Rambo's fit great, for what that is worth

Greg Shea · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 10

cassin

Are you guys talking about the full crampons or just the toe bails that are used for that those particular crampons? I'm trying to find a toe bail that will fit the G2 toe welt and will fit the Petzl Lynx slot holes for WI4 climbing.

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 661

Grivel crampons fit my G2SMs well.

Nick Sweeney wrote: Grivel crampons fit my G2SMs well.

Would their toe bails fit the lynx?

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 661
Sterling Falconer wrote:

Probably not.  I have friends who have tried to swap toe bails on crampons - honestly, it seems that it is more work than it is worth.  Consider selling your current ones and picking up another pair.  

Greg Shea · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 10
Sterling Falconer wrote:

I put the basket version of the cassin toe bail on a pair of irvis hybrids by petzl because it was more comfortable with my approach shoes. the whole petzl system is universal so I imagine the cassin wire bail would fit Petzl lynx too. TBH though i would sell the lynx and get blade runners on sale during the summer, they just work so much better with G2SM's, I hated using my lynx with those boots. Bought blade runners the next day after trying them on my G2's/

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Best toe bails for G2 SM?"