Mountain Project Logo

Experienced trad partner search (PNW)

Original Post
Alex Kowalcyk · · La Conner, WA · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 65

Hi, I live in the PNW and am looking for new consistent climbing partner(s). I have at least a day per week to get outside, and road trips once in a while. Looking for someone to climb mostly on weekdays, maybe some Sundays, take day-trips to Squamish (if you live in Bellingham; Index if you live in Seattle) or do car-to-car alpine ascents, and swing leads on 5.10+ and push into well-protected 5.11- trad.

Some of my objectives for this summer:

Clean Break, Juno Tower
Acid Baby, Enchantments
Liberty Crack, Liberty Bell
Cruel Shoes, The Chief, Squamish
The Grand Wall
OW pitch 7 of Angel’s Crest
Northeast Buttress, Mt. Slesse
etc., etc.

Ideally we could meet for a day of cragging at Index or Squamish and if our personalities and styles mesh, plan for more committing objectives. I am seasoned, reliable, and chill.

Next Monday or Tuesday 4/16-4/17 might work for Squamish—forecast looks possibly dry.

Zack Williams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

hey I just moved into the Columbia river gorge and am looking for a climber partner. based on your tick list it seems like we have pretty similar goals. angles crest looks sick! If you'd be willing to meet somewhere in the middle for some cragging I could probably swing regular long weekend trips up to squeamish. pm if your interested

Zack, I'm looking for mostly day-trip partners. You seem pretty far south. How far is Index for you? If you're up in Squamish I'd definitely be down for a day of climbing, but I wouldn't usually stay the whole weekend.

Zack Williams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

index is still a couple hours. I don't think I'd be able to make it up that far for weekday trips

Meghanne Reburn · · Garabaldi Highlands · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

I’m a great trad follower at those grades but I’m mostly a bolt clipper leader (so good to swap on bolted pitches). I’ve climbed a bunch of those objectives and would climb them again. I too am looking for some consistent partners. I’m in squamish and working very little this summer. Feel free to reach out. 

IJMayer · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 95

Hi Alex,

Once I graduate (June 15) I'll be available for some mid-week day-trip fun.

We should shoot for an Index day between 6/20 and 6/22 to meet up!

~Ian

Ian, keep me posted.. Mid-week is where it's at! Sounds like you'll have a reason to celebrate with a good summer of climbing. I could climb 6/20 (I know my shedule way in advance.) But mostly Tuesdays and Fridays are good climbing days. 

Forrest Shafer · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 20

Hey Alex, I just moved to Seattle (Kirkland) and would love to get out with you, although I can probably only get out on weekend and the occational weekday. I can lead trad up to 5.10. I got out to index last weekend and had a blast. Anyway let me know! 

William Buchanan · · Oakland, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 5

Hey Alex et al,

I'm moving to Seattle on June 15th, and looking for some partners for alpine objectives on rock, snow, and ice. I spent 8 months in the Andes last season cutting my teeth, have my WFR, and am looking for someone with reasonably comparable experience & rescue training. Also looking to tie my mountaineering experience together with my new backcountry ski setup...

I can confidently lead 5.10+/11- trad, though I haven't really pushed myself yet for want of a strong partnership. I'm entering grad school at the end of September, so have a ton of free time beforehand.

Healyje · · PDX · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 456

I can vouch for Zack - good people.

William, PM sent.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Experienced trad partner search (PNW)"
in the Pacific Northwest Partners